Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-27-2007, 04:34 AM

Default Help with 4 betting..

During my rise through SSNL preflop problems was not really an issue because I could clearly outplay most oponents postflop. Now I'm playing 2/4-3/6 and I'm having trouble adjusting to 3 betting agressive villains when im OOP.

Assume 100 bb stacks in the following scenarios. Hero is semi LAG'ish (~30/22) and an agressive TAG villain has started his 3-betting campaign. Hero has mostly been folding like a good boy, maybe played a pot or two OOP which blows, and is starting to suspect that villain is taking advantage of the situation and thus he reaches for the 4 bet.

hand 1
hero: AQos raises 16
folds to villain on the button
villain: raises 50
hero: raises 150
1). villain goes all in
??
2). villain calls
flop 269 rainbow
??

hand 2
same as above but hero holds JJ

I feel i have some problems verbalizing my thoughts ( been up for too long ) but basically im having problems finding a suitable 4 betting range. If i have decided that villain is 3 betting light where do i draw the line? 1010? AJ? And when does hands that are clear folds to preflop pushes in a vacuum, become calls?
Or should i just forget about 4 betting all together (you're too dumb yo ) and just tighten my raising range and be content with playing more 3 bet pots OOP?

meh, any thoughts on 4 betting is welcome and my apologies for this disorganized post.