Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-27-2007, 12:24 AM

Default 200NL deep: solid villain pushes for cbet on paired flop

So, villain has done nothing out of line and neither have I. We have been at the table for about 45 minutes and he has 3bet only once before this hand and took it down preflop. He has about 400 in front of him, I cover.

6 handed. I open for 7 with AKo on the button. SB folds and villain makes it 25 from the BB. I call.

Flop comes K J J, rainbow. He pushes about 375 into the 51 dollar pot. Almost instantly. WTF?
Old 05-27-2007, 03:31 AM

Default Re: 200NL deep: solid villain pushes for cbet on paired flop

You say he hasen't got out of line so this looks like a value bet to me. I'd expect to see AA here alot, though QQ wouldn't supprise me. Overall I like a fold. Too much risk for too little reward.
Old 05-27-2007, 03:54 PM

Curious what others think about villain's range and what he perceives my range to be. How often does he do this with QQ or another combo of AK? Is he putting me on AK?
Old 05-27-2007, 05:23 PM

He shouldn't put you on AK, your range is much wider than that given that you're in position. I'd put your range for calling here AQs+ and pretty much all pairs given how deep you are, maybe with some SCs too.

I think this may be a call. He probably would expect you to 4 bet AA/KK preflop given stacks, so he may be looking at your range as AQ+ and all pairs under KK, pretty much none of which could call. So I guess he could be doing this with any thing that he would've reraised with preflop, recognizing that AA/KK/JJ are probably the only things that call and they're all pretty unlikely given the action and the board.