Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-26-2007, 02:15 PM

Default I saw the funniest on the 2005 wsop last night.....

Andrew Black was just ballin with tears running into his green tea because a player was missing when the break ended and black pleaded with the table to slow down and the table declined to give the missin guy a break black just starts ballin like a baby hillllarious norm chad then says "lon there two things you dont do in a poker room cheat and cry" lol any thoughts on this p'''y
Old 05-26-2007, 02:25 PM

Default Re: I saw the funniest on the 2005 wsop last night.....

I thought they were gonna say he just got a call that a favorite relative had died. I think he's either one of those over-emotional gay guys or just a really nice guy who wears his heart on his sleeve. Nothing wrong with being either one imo, but it was funny to watch.
Old 05-26-2007, 02:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I thought they were gonna say he just got a call that a favorite relative had died. I think he's either one of those over-emotional gay guys or just a really nice guy who wears his heart on his sleeve. Nothing wrong with being either one imo, but it was uncomfortable to watch.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 05-26-2007, 03:00 PM

This is a completely original topic to make, something that was completely discussed two years ago.

Black isn't a cuthroat type of player, he actually cares about other people. Maybe living in a Buddist Monistary for a few years will do that to you.

You should give him a call and ask him where it is and go there, or anywhere except 2+2. If you stay, I can't wait for your next topic about that new guy, Phil Hellmuth.
Old 05-26-2007, 04:33 PM

I didn't see what was funny... he was a bit emotional and human about something he considered important.
Old 05-26-2007, 05:56 PM

Black seems like a decent but quirky guy, a little flaky, but so be it.
Old 05-26-2007, 06:51 PM

At the Aussie Millions final table where there were 8 left (so not the official tv table, but we were all playing at the same table), Marc Karam folded out of turn for the second time and the tournament director decided that he would not get to play for the rest of the level (about ten minutes). Andy immediately jumped to his defense about how ridiculous it was and blah blah blah. We all agreed that it was way too much for such a minor infraction and we all wanted him to play on. The tournament director had stopped listening at that point even though everyone at the table agreed we wouldn't play until he could play. We all decided to play the last hand very slowly until the end of the level.

This was the last hand of the day where I limped behind Marc and called Jakob's all-in with ATo and busted him. They edited it down quite a bit where we were all hemming and hawing about what to do when we were all just stalling to make sure it was the last hand. And last hand it was. We finished after that hand and came back the next day.

Andy can certainly flaunt it for the camera sometimes but he is also a very nice guy, and in a spot where they're playing for so much money he probably found it extremely frustrating where everyone else was being so 'heartless.'
Old 05-26-2007, 07:10 PM

So what about this new guy Phil Helmouth? Seriously though, if you remembered this was discussed 2 years ago you need to find some meaning in your life.
Old 05-26-2007, 11:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
At the Aussie Millions final table where there were 8 left (so not the official tv table, but we were all playing at the same table), Marc Karam folded out of turn for the second time and the tournament director decided that he would not get to play for the rest of the level (about ten minutes). Andy immediately jumped to his defense about how ridiculous it was and blah blah blah. We all agreed that it was way too much for such a minor infraction and we all wanted him to play on. The tournament director had stopped listening at that point even though everyone at the table agreed we wouldn't play until he could play. We all decided to play the last hand very slowly until the end of the level.

This was the last hand of the day where I limped behind Marc and called Jakob's all-in with ATo and busted him. They edited it down quite a bit where we were all hemming and hawing about what to do when we were all just stalling to make sure it was the last hand. And last hand it was. We finished after that hand and came back the next day.

Andy can certainly flaunt it for the camera sometimes but he is also a very nice guy, and in a spot where they're playing for so much money he probably found it extremely frustrating where everyone else was being so 'heartless.'

[/ QUOTE ]

The presenters didn't mention this. We just saw Marc go off and them say "oh hes suprisingly happy for someone who just got sent off" - this explains a bit
Old 05-27-2007, 03:06 AM

Black was pregnant during the wsop that year.