Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-25-2007, 09:40 PM

Default AA 30-60 weird action

Bellagio 30 game last night. Villain is an asian chick who seems older, but not old, looks like she was rode hard and put up wet. she's a grinder though, and she's been playing at the B for years, and I'd have to say she's a winner in the game.

She limps UTG or UTG+1, something I've never seen her do very often. I raise mp AA and get called by the SB BB and UTG.

Flop

J-J-5 w/ a club flush draw

blinds check and she donks into me. sb loves to check raise.

how do you play it from here?

I do not have the Ac.
Old 05-26-2007, 01:15 AM

Default Re: AA 30-60 weird action

I'd raise and get to showdown against her but probably look for a way out if one of the blinds coldcalls. I think she is much more likely to have a pocket pair than trip jacks here.

-DeathDonkey
Old 05-26-2007, 03:37 AM

I'd call here with most of my range, but especially AA. The blinds probably won't peel with unpaired cards anyhow, but you ought to at least give them a chance. You also might sucker one of them into going way too far with just a 5 or small pair.

When/if it gets hu on the turn we can discuss whether you should take one of those obvious wa/wb lines.
Old 05-26-2007, 11:56 AM

Definitely raise. You can't put SB on a jack just because he saw the flop - he's done nothing but check. She probably has a pocket pair and if she has a jack, then oh well. The hand will be much harder to play and lend itself to more expensive mistakes if you just call.

Jeff
Old 05-26-2007, 12:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
looks like she was rode hard and put up wet.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know what this means, but it just insta-raised into my top 5 favorite posters category.
Old 05-26-2007, 03:06 PM

so raise the flop and fold to a 3bet from any blind because thats a jack for sure?
Old 05-26-2007, 03:28 PM

What is this jack paranoia? If you get more action you can think twice, but no one has even begun to define their range that tightly.

I agree 100% with Jeffage. Also, she might have a flush draw.
Old 05-26-2007, 03:32 PM

wow, that action is really weird.

why dont you just post the whole hand?
Old 05-26-2007, 05:43 PM

I think she has a flush draw, probably jamming knowing that you will raise and the SB will prob call two-cold, if he was the J or something. If the SB calls, I'm getting out unless the turn improves me.
Old 05-26-2007, 07:37 PM

obviously, you're either way ahead or way behind here. One possible line is to just flat call the donker on the flop and see what the SB does. If he folds, then you can raise the turn if no club hits (you can do this even if the SB calls). If you get 3-bet on the turn then I think you can safely fold. If she just calls then you can decide what to do on the river.

I have been leaning towards this line because a lot of flush draws will become very aggressive on the flop, and folding AA here bc someone decides to 3 or 4 bet the flop here is a huge mistake IMO. Also, if you just call the flop and the SB just calls too, then raising the turn could easily make him fold if he has picked up a weak gutter draw or something like that and you also avoid giving another cheap card if he has a smaller pair to hit a set.

Also, when the board pairs on the flop with a flush draw and you do not have the A of clubs in your hand, this is actually a good thing in a way bc the A of clubs is your gin card if, indeed, she has a flush draw.