Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-25-2007, 09:43 AM

Default KQo vs agressive Player

Hey guys my first post:
My opponent is a typical 5/10 TAG: Vpip: 24 Pfr: 18 AF: 2,4 Wtsd: 40

Party Poker 5.00/10.00 Hold'em <font color="#0000FF">(5 handed)</font> link

Preflop: Hero is CO with Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Hero calls.

Flop: (7.40 SB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, Button calls.

Turn: (7.70 BB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Button calls.

River: (9.70 BB) A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, Button checks.

Final Pot: 9.70 BB.
Old 05-25-2007, 10:13 AM

Default Re: KQo vs agressive Player

I guess, I am betting the river, for value. I don't like it if I get raised, and I probably pay off because he is so aggressive. Did you check, planning on check/call, and hoping that he would take a shot at folding you because of the ace. I think that that line is worse than bet calling, because he is going to have Jacks or Tens here a lot, and he will recognize your check for what it is, and won't bet those hands, but will bet an ace if he has it. If he has AK, he probably won't raise you on the river, because of the possibility of reverse domination.
Old 05-25-2007, 12:07 PM

Location: \"Let me make it nearly unanimous -- misplayed on every street.\"

Don't forget that the flush card is as much a scare card to the opponent and we can bet a little more often without fear of an ace raising. The opponent won't often have a flush here, because the A of trump falls on the river, meaning if he has an ace it was unsuited, and he is a little more apt to play a pair like this than a medium to low ace.
Old 05-25-2007, 01:10 PM

I was going to say I like everything but the flop cap, but I think Bob and Slavic make very good points about the river line.