I feel for the family and their loss.

But to me this is a pathetic part of our society. Putting blame on:

Restaurant
Restaurant owner
Restaurant manager
Tow truck company
Tow truck driver
driver of stalled car

This while Josh's BAC was twice legal limit (and marijuana found in car). After he had a previous incident driving very recently beforehand.

I just don't know why people can't come to grips with a tragic occurrence and always feel "It's someone else's fault". This was an adult male who made a decision to get behind the wheel when he was (allegedly) impaired and caused the accident.
Old 05-24-2007, 04:08 PM

Default Re: Josh Hancock father suing...everybody

Pathetic.
Old 05-24-2007, 04:10 PM

The funny part is the lawyer complaining that Hancock had a drink in his hand the entire time he was in the bar/restaurant. Umm... yea isn't that how it usually goes when you drink?

Is there a lawsuit against the father for not being a good parent and teaching responsibility to Josh? What about suing the drug dealer that gave Hancock the pot found in the car?
Old 05-24-2007, 04:14 PM

i understand that mr hancock is clearly grieving over the loss of his son, and part of the grief process is anger, and this is a clear manifestation of that process. i hope in time mr hancock realizes that while it is true that an incredible combination of events convened to ultimately lead to his son's death, the unfortunate truth is the fact that his son got behind the wheel clearly drunk. that's what caused his death.

unfortunately, i'm sure he won't ever drop this silly, unproductive lawsuit.
Old 05-24-2007, 04:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The lawsuit claimed Tolar was negligent in allowing the vehicle to reach the point where it stalled on the highway, and for failing to move it out of the way of oncoming traffic.

Hargrove parked the tow truck behind the stalled car, and police said he arrived there moments before the truck was struck by Hancock's SUV. Kantack said the tow truck may have been there up to 15 minutes, yet failed to get the stalled vehicle out of the way.

[/ QUOTE ]

ha. If I was Tolar I'd hold a press conference and just say, "[censored] you, Mr. Hancock."
Old 05-24-2007, 04:57 PM

Quote the lawyer "overwhelmed by the support and respect the Cardinals have shown since Josh's passing."

That's why you quit when you are ahead. If Hancock was black his family would be getting jack and [censored] from the Cardinals.

'Dean Hancock said in a statement that the "facts and circumstances" of Josh's death "have caused great pain to all of Josh's family." As administrator of his son's estate, Dean Hancock said he has an obligation to represent the family on all issues, "including any legal actions necessary against those who contributed to the untimely and unnecessary death."'

'Authorities said the 29-year pitcher had a blood content of nearly twice the legal limit for alcohol in his system when he crashed into the back of the tow truck. He was also speeding, using a cell phone and wasn't wearing a seat belt, Police Chief Joe Mokwa said after the accident. Marijuana also was found in the SUV'

ZOMG HE FORGOT TO SUE THE CELL PHONE COMPANY AND WHOEVER HE WAS TALKING TO!!!!
Old 05-24-2007, 05:00 PM

Location: this forum again I will ban you. If you send me an email or private message, I will ban you.

this is a perfect example of why the penalty for frivolous lawsuits should be public stoning(lol pun since his dead son had marijuana in his car!)
Old 05-24-2007, 05:06 PM

Wow I came here to start a thread on this and you beat me to it. This blew me away just now when I read it on espn.com. The driver of the stalled vehicle? The tow truck driver who stopped to help? LOL, this has got to be a joke.
Old 05-24-2007, 05:10 PM

Basically, any unfortunate coincidence is something you can sue over.
Old 05-24-2007, 05:13 PM

Quick summary on Dram Shop laws