Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-24-2007, 03:41 PM

Default NL 50: I can bluff you too

Villain 25/14/1,8 over about 100 Hnads.
We have a history. First Hand he raised in CO to 2 and I know he is a blindstealer, so I repopped him on BTN with A4s to 7 and he than repopped to 32. I folded. Second Hand I raised JJ UTG to 2 he repopped in BB to 7. I called flop brought 359 rainow. He betted 9 in a pot of 11. I was thinking about a raise but I folded. So maybe he thinks Im weak and want me to put on the test.
Prima Poker skin
No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $0.25/$0.50
4 players
Converter

Stack sizes:
UTG: $101.63
Button: $42.03
SB: $90.35
Hero: $60.05

Pre-flop: (4 players) Hero is BB with Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
2 folds, <font color="#cc0000">SB raises to $1.5</font>, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to $5</font>, SB calls.

Flop: A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] ($10.5, 2 players)
SB checks, <font color="#cc0000">Hero bets $8.4</font>, <font color="#cc0000">SB raises to $18.1</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] ($46.7, 2 players)
SB checks, Hero checks.

River: 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] ($46.7, 2 players)
SB checks, <font color="#cc0000">Hero is all-in $36.95</font>,
Thoughts ? I was scared if he slowpalyed a big ace, but after the second rivercheck, I was sure that he had no Big Ace. What you think about my line ?
Old 05-24-2007, 03:57 PM

Default Re: NL 50: I can bluff you too

bad.

first off. your first hand is an easy fold obvs and is probably too aggro for you to make the move but whatever. the second hand, given your read of villain, i would c/r'd him w your JJ.

this hand... i just dont like it. you have nothing (i know its a bluff) and you got RRd on the flop. i think villain has a big A here a lot. so many times that this bluff is not good. villain likely checked turn as your call indicates you are likely not on the draw he was raising you on. so there is no need for him to bet the turn (pot contro). then you shove all in on the river? what hands would you do that with that are not bluffs? i dont know...villain is obvs showing weakness checking turn and river but i still am not sure. but maybe this is only way you can win hand??? still seems like spew.
Old 05-24-2007, 04:14 PM

So is shoving Turn better ?
Old 05-24-2007, 04:27 PM

I know you and this guy have a history, but I really think you're done with the hand after his raise on the flop, and calling or betting after that is extremely - EV. Unless you have the perfect read on the guy and know he has air or a draw.

If you are going to shove-bluff, I guess the river's the time to do it -- maybe he was on diamonds, I don't know. If he's bad he might call you down with KQd or something, and you chop. He also might call you down with 67d or something like that, to which you are again a big dog.

My sense is that if you're patient enough, you'll rope in these super-aggro players at NL 50. "Find a better spot," as I've heard time and time again.
Old 05-24-2007, 04:30 PM

This is the reason I've started check/calling a lot of rivers. It's a great bluff inducer. This is spew. He checkraised you on the flop (where you should have folded) and then you checked behind on the turn. The 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] isn't even a scare card; he'll call you with just about any A.
Old 05-24-2007, 04:42 PM

Looks like a frustration bluff. It's tempting, but don't do it...it kills your winrate.
Old 05-24-2007, 04:54 PM

I didnt read the reads or much else (and theyd better be good to call that flop raise in 3bet pot), but checking turn/pushing river is a very bad line.