Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Full Ring
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-24-2007, 02:06 PM

Default [NL2] Nut flush draw at the turn

Poker Stars - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.01/$0.02 Blinds - 9 Players - (LegoPoker HH Converter)

SB: $2.07
BB: $1.82
UTG: $6.23
UTG+1: $4.61
<font color="black">Hero (MP1): $4.96</font>
MP2: $3.38
MP3: $0.92
CO: $2.71
BTN: $6.62

<font color="black">Preflop:</font> Hero is dealt A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (9 Players)
UTG folds, UTG+1 calls $0.02, <font color="red">Hero raises to $0.08</font>, <font color="red">MP2 raises to $0.14</font>, 4 folds, BB calls $0.12, UTG+1 calls $0.12, Hero calls $0.06

<font color="black">Flop:</font> ($0.57) J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (4 Players)
BB checks, UTG+1 checks, Hero checks, <font color="red">MP2 bets $0.12</font>, BB folds, UTG+1 calls $0.12, Hero calls $0.12

<font color="black">Turn:</font> ($0.93) 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (3 Players)
UTG+1 checks, Hero checks, <font color="red">MP2 bets $0.14</font>, UTG+1 calls $0.14, <font color="red">Hero raises to $1.25</font>, <font color="red">MP2 raises all-in to $3.12</font>, UTG+1 folds, Hero ?
Old 05-24-2007, 02:08 PM

Default Re: [NL2] Nut flush draw at the turn

27 hands played, Villain is LAG 63/24/2.5
Old 05-24-2007, 02:35 PM

I don't like the raise PF. A7s might be OK to limp behind here, but it is an easily dominated hand in EP and someone could easily wake up with a better hand behind you. In fact, that is exactly what happens. I guess the call of the re-raise is OK because it is so cheap, but you need to realize you are playing for flush value here, and doing it OOP (though with good relative position).

This flop did not hit you hard enough to continue. MP2 bets (as expected) and it could mean anything, but UTG+1 isn't calling with air. It is very unlikely that your pair is good against either player, and you could hit two pair and still be behind. Fold.

On the turn you can call for the small bet and try to hit your flush. Check/raising is an aggressive move- you have to ask yourself how often he's going to fold here. Is he the LAG kind that goes too far or the kind who knows when to get out? At this level the former is more often the case, and against those guys semi-bluffing is just spew. If you haven't seen him fold a hand in a big pot, just call.

After the all in you have to call $1.80 into a $4 pot. You are 4.5:1 against to make your flush so you are not getting the odd you needs. Your two pair out might not be good and the two 7 outs are not enough to make this a call. Fold.
Old 05-24-2007, 02:46 PM

I raised here preflop simply to sweeten the pot. There are many players 150+ BB deep on the table, so a few BB is not much and I've found it improves my payoff when I hit the flush.

Thanks for the advice, especially true about the LAG. Can always wait for a better spot.
Old 05-24-2007, 02:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I raised here preflop simply to sweeten the pot.

[/ QUOTE ]I don't think this is something you want to be doing OOP. I could see this on the button or on the CO, but in EP like you are you don't want to play a big pot with people to act behind you, especially with a very weak, easily dominated hand.

Position is one of the most important factors in playing a hand in NL- you want to build big pots when you have it and avoid them when you do not.
Old 05-24-2007, 04:24 PM

Grunch

I'm not raising this Preflop after limpers, especially if I know I have a lag yet to act. I just limp it in. This is a hand I want to see a cheap flop with because when you hit the flush it can be difficult to get paid off. I mostly raise this in late position if folded to.

Flop is OK sometimes. Your getting fairly good odds with bottom pair plus an over to see another card with the added benefit that you can close the betting for the round.

Turn is spew. Just call MP2's bet here. Your odds of hitting your flush on the river are 4.5 to 1. His weak bet is a dream since you are getting better odds from the pot, 7.64 to 1 than the actually odds you will hit your hand. Your making money with a call. Plus I don't think bottom pair is good here with two players still in the pot. Just call.

Edit after reading responses:

When I say flop is ok sometimes it is player dependent and I would much rather this be heads up against the LAG in position. Jeff is right about position also and is right about folding on the flop. I got confused about because you acted last. Maybe that's why I'm playing so crappy lately. [img]/images/graemlins/ooo.gif[/img]