Old 05-24-2007, 09:56 AM

Default Is sbrugby good at PLO?

http://www.cardrunners.com/fusetalk/...&catid=156
Old 05-24-2007, 11:36 AM

Default Re: Is sbrugby good at PLO?

Better than you?
Old 05-24-2007, 11:50 AM

Downswings are bigs when the stakes are high that is a fact.
If you read his post it looks like he was unlucky not lame.
Old 05-24-2007, 12:21 PM

how is this about me? Anyway, I don't play it bu I assume I'm not good ATM.
Back to brian...
Old 05-24-2007, 01:27 PM

Hand 1: Gross considering the setup, but 100% standard to get it in for all players in the hand.

Hand 2: Not a standard call, but a good one. 100% standard play by Villain (I actually like Villain's play more than aba's in this hand), especially since he has the ace of clubs.

Hand 3: 100% standard by both players, aba just running bad there. He had about the same % to win, just unlucky.

Hand 4 is semi-marginal to spewy. If aba was steaming at this point it'd account for it, but I really don't like getting even 50BB in with bottom set on a 987 board with no redraw. Even if you're ahead, it's probably by a very small percent versus Villain's range of hands.

Hand 5: Again, 100% standard especially given the stack sizes/pot odds. If Villain plays his hand face up, I think aba is probably playing the hand the same way.

Pretty standard, some bad luck mostly but I wouldn't say that Till_I_Collapse played badly like aba did. Sure, he ran good, but that's part of poker and especially part of Omaha. It's great to be good but it's even better to run hot.
Old 05-24-2007, 02:22 PM

I must admit this seems rather trivial by PLO standards (expect for the $$$ involved, of course). Yesterday I flopped top set with AAxx on an AT9, got re-raised by T934, and went all in only to watch the turn and river come up 2 and 5. That's sick.

Most of these hands were 55/45 scenarios, or perfectly understandable since aba obviously raises with lots of hands. So I don't see where he gets this "80%-90% equity and get sucked out on time and time again" from.
Old 05-24-2007, 02:58 PM

i read his blog pretty often and i see him writing sth along the lines of "i tilted" or "i was off my game" after EVERY single loosing plo session. seems he just doesn`t get hes outclassed every single day. big LOL @ whining and being on tilt after hand no. 1. he lost a flip coin vs two players, that`s all.

http://twodimes.net/h/?z=2691505
pokenum -o kc ac 6h ah - 8s as ts jc - 6c 8h td 9d -- 7h 8c ad
Omaha Hi: 666 enumerated boards containing 8c Ad 7h
cards win %win lose %lose tie %tie EV
Ac Kc Ah 6h 344 51.65 322 48.35 0 0.00 0.517
As Ts 8s Jc 78 11.71 580 87.09 8 1.20 0.123
6c Td 9d 8h 236 35.44 422 63.36 8 1.20 0.360

there`s only one more horrible plo nose bleed player imo - durrr.

@silent A: i lost with AAxx all-in on a A73 (no fd) flop vs 7789. turn T, river J. thats omaha. seems like aba has a lot to learn about this game.
Old 05-24-2007, 03:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Hand 1: Gross considering the setup, but 100% standard to get it in for all players in the hand.

Hand 2: Not a standard call, but a good one. 100% standard play by Villain (I actually like Villain's play more than aba's in this hand), especially since he has the ace of clubs.

Hand 3: 100% standard by both players, aba just running bad there. He had about the same % to win, just unlucky.

Hand 4 is semi-marginal to spewy. If aba was steaming at this point it'd account for it, but I really don't like getting even 50BB in with bottom set on a 987 board with no redraw. Even if you're ahead, it's probably by a very small percent versus Villain's range of hands.

Hand 5: Again, 100% standard especially given the stack sizes/pot odds. If Villain plays his hand face up, I think aba is probably playing the hand the same way.

Pretty standard, some bad luck mostly but I wouldn't say that Till_I_Collapse played badly like aba did. Sure, he ran good, but that's part of poker and especially part of Omaha. It's great to be good but it's even better to run hot.

[/ QUOTE ]

exactly as I would put it. plus PLO has such high variance that you can easily lose alot of money. Plus the thing I don't understand is that he said he won't play Benyamine HU 200/400 until another month or so. Why did he play last night against him?
Old 05-24-2007, 03:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
@silent A: i lost with AAxx all-in on a A73 (no fd) flop vs 7789. turn T, river J. thats omaha. seems like aba has a lot to learn about this game.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yuck. Though mine was worse.
Old 05-24-2007, 04:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

exactly as I would put it. plus PLO has such high variance that you can easily lose alot of money. Plus the thing I don't understand is that he said he won't play Benyamine HU 200/400 until another month or so. Why did he play last night against him?

[/ QUOTE ]

Because DB is on tilt jezz !