Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid-High Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-19-2006, 06:00 PM

Default MrTile: the new \"Jedansky\"??

I first had this guy on my buddy list -- god-awful preflop stats. But doesn't seem all that out of line post-flop, except jams pots hard. He's also one of the biggest winners in my SH DB. And he plays 6 - 8 SH tables from 20/40 up thru 50/100. You wouldn't last real long doing that unless you had some SH skill. So is this guy good or will those preflop stats eventually catch up with him?

(if it's not cool to discuss individual players, mods, just delete this)
Old 02-19-2006, 07:57 PM

Default Re: MrTile: the new \"Jedansky\"??

He's the biggest winner in my database too. I think he's very good post flop.
Old 02-19-2006, 10:44 PM

hes a lagfish
Old 02-19-2006, 10:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
hes a lagfish

[/ QUOTE ]
Altho i have seen him get considerably better over the last month, he will not continue to be the biggest winner in your database.
Old 02-19-2006, 11:18 PM

i'm fine with discussing players that play with a unique style, or that seem to win a lot. there's a lot we can derive by looking at players who play differently than us. not only can we attempt to emulate them in some ways but we can discover ways to exploit them.

i haven't seen or played with him but what are his preflop #'s?

there is a guy, trufant, who i played with several months ago at 20/40 and 30/60. he played 50/40 preflop but i noticed he played a good game postflop. for a while i followed him around because he seemed to suck but then i stopped because i realized there wasnt much to gain from sitting with him, even if i was on his left. now he plays a 33/23ish style but has that LAG mentality that gives good players nightmares.
Old 02-20-2006, 02:22 AM

He's about 48/29. How have u not played w/ him Josh -- I could have sworn u played in the 20 and 30 SH games. He's all over them.
Very similar style to Jedansky and Trufant (both of whom I have at around 44/28).

I have often wondered just how high a VPIP a 6-max player could get away with and still be a winner. Re: 10-max games, I think anything above 27 will be VERY hard to eek out winnings...doesn't matter how well you play post-flop, you're just playing too many -EV hands.

Re: 6max games, I'm just pulling this # out of my arse but I don't see how anyone could maintain 38+ and be a consistent winner. I'd love to hear why I'm wrong though.
Old 02-20-2006, 02:29 AM

intuition says that you're right. but since 2+2 seems to dictate the predominant style of good players, and that this style has changed drastically over the last 12 months suggests that this style is not necessarily best. it's possible that playing even looser from the blinds and on the button would yield better results.

maybe i've played with this guy though i only have around 40k hands between 20/40 and 30/60
Old 02-20-2006, 02:42 AM

Since this is an LC kinda thread, does anyone know who JJProdsGrany is? Because he joined my SH game and I felt compelled to sit out at the likelyhood he was a 2+2er.
Old 02-20-2006, 02:45 AM

if he is in fact a 2p2er why would anyone post here who it is?
Old 02-20-2006, 02:46 AM

Good point, perhaps I should have rephrased if he in fact was a solid winning player, because I was more interested in whether or not he was a fish.