Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Omaha High
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-23-2007, 11:49 AM

Default 3 from today

Bored of unlimited HE again so its back to the mystery that is PLO.

Hand 1. I'm nearly always just calling this flop in a limped pot and in this position. when Villan pots the turn I'm pretty sure he has the wheel but I have about 17 outs. Is just calling this turn standard?

Prima Poker skin
Pot Limit Omaha Ring game
Blinds: $1/$2
5 players
Converter

Stack sizes:
UTG: $211.30
CO: $257.29
Button: $312.15
SB: $245.20
Hero: $523.66

Pre-flop: (5 players) Hero is BB with 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
UTG folds, CO calls, Button calls, SB calls, Hero checks.

Flop: 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] ($8, 4 players)
<font color="#cc0000">SB bets $8</font>, Hero calls, CO calls, Button folds.

Turn: Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] ($32, 3 players)
<font color="#cc0000">SB bets $32</font>, Hero calls, CO folds.

River: 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] ($96, 2 players)
SB checks, <font color="#cc0000">Hero bets $62</font>, SB calls.

Results:
Final pot: $220
<font color="#ffffff">Hero shows 7c 6s</font>

Hand 2. SB weak leads all his weak 2pr hands and draws, I decide to represent JQ. After they both call the flop I'm pretty sure neither has the straight, my hand may be winning, only real safe river cards are 5 and below non spades. River card doesn't improve anything that JQ can't beat, go ahead and bet to try and fold out TTT or KKK (2 way bet YO!) or CC here?

Prima Poker skin
6 players
Converter

Stack sizes:
UTG: $239.20
UTG+1: $77.42
CO: $134.60
Button: $163.40
SB: $222.00
Hero: $198.00

Pre-flop: (6 players) Hero is BB with 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
UTG calls, 3 folds, SB calls, Hero checks.

Flop: 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] ($6, 3 players)
<font color="#cc0000">SB bets $2</font>, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to $12</font>, UTG calls, SB calls.

Turn: 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] ($42, 3 players)
SB checks, <font color="#cc0000">Hero bets $42</font>, UTG calls, SB folds.

River: 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] ($126, 2 players)

Hand 3. No reads on BTN Villan apart from aggressive PF but hasn't been out of line, UTG villan is a donk. This is probably at the lower range of my AAXX to RR from blinds BTW. Is CC this flop standard here? Not sure if Villan is aggro enough to bluff it.

Prima Poker skin
6 players
Converter

Stack sizes:
UTG: $186.53
UTG+1: $193.70
CO: $148.00
Button: $182.25
Hero: $196.00
BB: $444.40

Pre-flop: (6 players) Hero is SB with 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
UTG calls, UTG+1, folds, CO (poster) checks, <font color="#cc0000">Button raises to $11</font>, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to $38</font>, 2 folds, CO calls, Button calls.

Flop: 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] ($120, 3 players)
Old 05-23-2007, 12:53 PM

Default Re: 3 from today

H1: I'd be raising the flop bet. As played, on the turn I would think wheel and flat call with the boatload of outs.

H2: I think you're ahead enough here to bet, if you think he will pay you off, but I dont see him having anything to pay you off that you beat. Not sure what he would tho, looks like a missed draw and I doubt he folds TTT + after calling flop/turn. I'd like a c/c or a small value bet honestly.

H3: I don't like a c/c. I'd lead for 80 or so and call a push. Preflop makes it less likely that someone holds a flush since it was 3bet preflop all for psb after a limper, so if someone is playing suited cards it would be with the NFD and since Ac hit, I just think that its LESS likely someone is calling this action preflop with worse club draws...on average. Not to mention you have the 5c which helps. But if your just going to c/c, you might as well bet imo, I dont see many players bluffing these flops given preflop action anyway.