Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-23-2007, 02:22 AM

Default Some more hero calls

This guy has really fishy and aggro stats, like 60/30 or something. But I just sat down so no specific reads besides numbers.

Party Poker
No Limit Hold'em Cash Game
$1/$2 Blinds
6 Players
LegoPoker HH Converter

SB: $319.86
<font color="black">BB: $726.03</font>
UTG: $200.00
MP: $302.35
<font color="black">Hero (CO): $207.15</font>
BTN: $89.00

<font color="black">Preflop:</font> Hero is dealt J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (6 Players)
2 folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $8.00</font>, 2 folds, BB calls $6.00

<font color="black">Flop:</font> ($17) Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">BB bets $6.00</font>, Hero calls $6.00

<font color="black">Turn:</font> ($29) T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">BB bets $20.00</font>, Hero calls $20.00

<font color="black">River:</font> ($69) J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">BB bets $86.00</font>, Hero calls $86.00

Villain is 35/12 and donkish, no great reads but he seems to like to play against me. Limp calls a lot, checkraises a decent amount, etc.
Party Poker
$1/$2 Blinds
6 Players
LegoPoker HH Converter

SB: $289.25
<font color="black">BB: $307.85</font>
<font color="black">Hero (UTG): $200.00</font>
MP: $222.95
CO: $201.25
BTN: $125.42

<font color="black">Preflop:</font> Hero is dealt J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (6 Players)
<font color="red">Hero raises to $8.00</font>, 4 folds, BB calls $6.00

<font color="black">Flop:</font> ($17) J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (2 Players)
BB checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $14.00</font>, <font color="red">BB raises to $28.00</font>, Hero calls $14.00

<font color="black">Turn:</font> ($73) A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 Players)
BB checks, Hero checks

<font color="black">River:</font> ($73) T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">BB bets $42.00</font>, Hero calls $42.00

Villain here is 40/20 somewhat aggro over a small sample.

Party Poker
$1/$2 Blinds
5 Players
LegoPoker HH Converter

<font color="black">SB: $143.21</font>
BB: $192.32
UTG: $205.45
<font color="black">Hero (CO): $221.60</font>
BTN: $413.47

<font color="black">Preflop:</font> Hero is dealt T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (5 Players)
UTG folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $8.00</font>, BTN folds, SB calls $7.00, BB folds

<font color="black">Flop:</font> ($18) 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (2 Players)
SB checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $15.00</font>, SB calls $15.00

<font color="black">Turn:</font> ($48) A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 Players)
SB checks, Hero checks

<font color="black">River:</font> ($48) 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">SB bets $34.00</font>, Hero calls $34.00
Old 05-23-2007, 02:30 AM

Default Re: Some more hero calls

HAND 1: I fold. Sure there are worse two pair hands but I don't think they bet the river that big.

HADN 2: I prefer bet fold on the turn. As played, hmmm...both draws missed but JT just got there so I guess it's ok. especially since he's a donk.

HAND 3: Bet the scary turn card man...also protects against draws. As for river...i guess it's ok since both draws missed and he seems agro but i'd rather just bet the turn and check behind the river.

Why were u checking the turn when the scare card hit on the turn and you were the preflop raiser and could easily have an ace?
Old 05-23-2007, 02:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Why were u checking the turn when the scare card hit on the turn and you were the preflop raiser and could easily have an ace?

[/ QUOTE ]

Because I don't need to bet to win. But yeah, I can see betting the turn being good.
Old 05-23-2007, 02:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Because I don't need to bet to win. But yeah, I can see betting the turn being good.

[/ QUOTE ]

I hear ya about playing for pot control but both those boards are wet, so unless you think Villains are ultra aggro and will check-raise you all in on a weak draw, than I prefer betting for protection as well. You won't have to be playing the did-i-induce-a-bluff guessing game on the river.
Old 05-23-2007, 02:50 AM

I'm glad you posted hand #3, b/c it's a spot I've been thinking about a lot. I'll usually vb the turn when I have the A, bluff at it when I have air, and check behind with a marginal one pair hand; And after checking I'm now facing a river bet a high % of the time (especially if villain is aggro).

Paul brings up some good points of why b/f'ing the turn with a hand like TT might be better than checking.
Old 05-23-2007, 02:54 AM

Hand 1: I'd probably pitch up, but I think your read is far more accurate than anything we can say in posts. It seems really dependent on what kind of a donk he was and the flow of the game and past history.

Hand 2: I play the same. No way you can fold that river.

Hand 3: I would bet the turn. I'm folding river.
Old 05-23-2007, 03:13 AM

Hand one looks fine. If he has something like Q9 or 89 that sucks but as played you are getting money out of him from a wide range of marginal hands. Maybe sometimes raise this turn though if you think you are gonna get fired at again on the river. You would probably be able to check behind on the river so a turn raise would serve as a blocking bet of sorts.

Hand 2. Ehhh... I think if you know that your opponent will bet missed flush draws often enough then the call isn't a bad one. It almost looks as if he is value betting you on the river as if he improved his hand on the turn. If he raised you on air on the flop I don't know how often people are betting their again on the river after checking the turn.

Hand 3 is kind of ehhh too. I really think you only beat a missed flush draw here. I think I would of maybe double-barreled this one since I have position. I would just check behind on the river if called.
Old 05-23-2007, 03:51 AM

i hate them all
Old 05-23-2007, 04:55 AM

Hand 1: I think its ok given your read...Not that many logical hands for him contain a 9. I think folding is ok too.

Hand 2: Seems fine.

Hand 3: I'd fold river unless I have a real concrete read that he always bets missed draws oop.
Old 05-23-2007, 01:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i hate them all

[/ QUOTE ]

Why?