Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-23-2007, 12:49 AM

Default little tiny bluff

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $4 BB (5 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

SB ($185.60)
BB ($400)
UTG ($517.05)
Hero ($392)
Button ($394)

Preflop: Hero is MP with 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $16</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, BB calls $12.

Flop: ($34) 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, Hero checks.

Turn: ($34) 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets $12</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $44</font>, BB calls $32.

River: ($122) 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $40</font>,

villain is something like 45/10 in 50 hands. he had been pretty loose calling my cbets lately, i think, although i hadn't actually seen him show down yet after calling a cbet. on the river all i'm trying to do is fold out missed flush draws or the unlikely 35.

edit: fixed action
Old 05-23-2007, 01:02 AM

Default Re: little tiny bluff

i'd leave out his action on the end next time. and this looks fine to me, i might make it a little bigger but this should accomplish what you want it to.
Old 05-23-2007, 01:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]
i'd leave out his action on the end next time. and this looks fine to me, i might make it a little bigger but this should accomplish what you want it to.

[/ QUOTE ]

oops, i meant to. edited now.
Old 05-23-2007, 01:40 AM

i hate your flop/turn line. what hand are you repping by checking flop and betting turn? 88 exactly. I just bet the flop for $27.
Old 05-23-2007, 01:45 AM

KT, QQ-, A8

he's a fish so who cares
Old 05-23-2007, 01:45 AM

bet that flop every time.
Old 05-23-2007, 01:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]
i hate your flop/turn line. what hand are you repping by checking flop and betting turn? 88 exactly. I just bet the flop for $27.

[/ QUOTE ]

i'm repping "you're betting the turn because i checked the flop and you usually have J high and will fold to the raise whether i'm repping something or not." also even though i rarely check behind a good one pair+ hand on a two-tone flop, villain hasn't played enough with me to know that.
Old 05-23-2007, 01:48 AM

but yeah i agree, i hate hate checking this flop with such a disguised draw that also happens to be 5 high and hence needs fold equity and it's a K high board so great for barreling, etc.
Old 05-23-2007, 02:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]
but yeah i agree, i hate hate checking this flop with such a disguised draw that also happens to be 5 high and hence needs fold equity and it's a K high board so great for barreling, etc.

[/ QUOTE ]

can you explain this? if he calls me with a K then he's not going anywhere. i guess you're saying because he can call with a lot of misc. pp's on the flop and then fold to a second barrel? i'm not even sure if i agree with you in general and this guy is more likely than most to call two bets with 88.

one reason that checking the flop was appealing to me was that if he has an A and one comes off then i'm going to win a very big pot. i'm pretty confident that he bets turn, calls a raise, and calls a river bet at least.
Old 05-23-2007, 02:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

can you explain this? if he calls me with a K then he's not going anywhere. i guess you're saying because he can call with a lot of misc. pp's on the flop and then fold to a second barrel? i'm not even sure if i agree with you in general and this guy is more likely than most to call two bets with 88.

one reason that checking the flop was appealing to me was that if he has an A and one comes off then i'm going to win a very big pot. i'm pretty confident that he bets turn, calls a raise, and calls a river bet at least.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think he's saying you have a well hidden draw so if he does tag along with a king and you hit you want to bloat the pot to extract value on as many streets as possible