Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-22-2007, 04:52 PM

Default I run mega hot, but what does the rest mean?

I was looking at the pokerEV programme, and these were my random thoughts. I'm hoping to generate some discussion about the importance of FE and winning the pots we don't showdown.

I stepped up to MSNL a couple of months ago after dominating SsNL. Since then I've just been running crazy hot. +$6k in equity (I BE ON YOUR INTERNETS, STEALING YOUR EQUITY). obv this doesnt tell the whole story, because i could be getting screwed in the hands that arent going to showdown.

should my W$SD be lower? I've read that something like 48% is optimal, meaning that i'm probably not bluffing and/or pushing high equity hands (like draws) hard enough on turn/river.

I looked at kotkis's graph, a big winner at the higher end of msnl and low end of hsnl. Bascially all his money comes from FE and the pots that don't go to showdown. I know he plays a lot of HU etc, and he's probably an extreme, but it got me thinking about how much more money i could be making if i was playing... basically a better/more aggro game. I'd always thought that I wanted to breakeven/be a slight winner in the smallish pots, and be winning the big pots. Now i'm just confused.

also what does graph 2 actually mean?

graph 1

graph by kotkis from the sklanksy bux thread in bbv (hope its ok to post this bro):

graph 2

table 1

currently my postflop numbers are 4.10/2.52/2.17, and i feel relatively comfortable with them