Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-22-2007, 05:33 AM

Default 25NL - Is this a positive EV call?

Villain is xXStealth on FTP. Seems solid for this level, but he has some unorthodox plays, not sure if this can be considered good or bad.

Villain open-limps in the CO, SB completes and I raise 10 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 10 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] to 6x the BB. Villain insta calls and SB folds.

Flop comes 8 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 4 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 2 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. I bet 3/4 pot, villain instacalls.

This is a draw a lot of the time as is common knowledge and I immediately put that into his range.

Turn is the J [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. I check, he bets 3/4 pot pretty quickly. I call.

River comes K [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. I check, villain bets 2/3 of the pot. Hero..?

If I read villain correctly for a draw on the flop, is calling here on the river a profitable play given that two overs hit? Villain seems solid for a 25NL so I put his preflop limp/call range as two over 10/SCs/pps over 5s.
Old 05-22-2007, 05:36 AM

Default Re: 25NL - Is this a positive EV call?

If you think it's a draw, why don't you bet the turn?
Old 05-22-2007, 05:39 AM

Default Re: 25NL - Is this a positive EV call?

Because a FD hand with that would limp/call pre could easily contain a J? That was my thought process at the time but I guess not betting here is pretty weak.