Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Full Ring
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-22-2007, 03:48 AM

Default 23s with bottom pair and draws

Hand was played in a home game, but I thought it was interesting, as we have discussed this through lots of times.

Ok, call PF was questionnable, but the game was pretty loose and I was not getting any hands and felt like gambling a bit.

(Estimated stack sizes):
SB: $40
BB: $24
UTG: $17
MP: $23
CO: $16
Hero (BTN): $15

Blinds are 0.2$ /0.4$

UTG raises 0.8$ to 1.2$.
MP calls.
CO calls.
Hero calls with 2 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]3 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
SB completes.
BB checks.

This was pretty extreme to have all players to the flop, and as I didn't see SB or BB wanting to raise (usually players looking at their cards before it's their turn), I liked playing a multiway pot with these cards [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] Game wasn't always that loose.

So flop comes:
2 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]6 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]5 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

(Pot is 7.2$)
UTG checks.
MP bets 2.8$. (loose player, betting out with Q high here).
CO folds.
Hero calls.
SB calls. (chasing wild draws all the time, playing very loose as well)
BB folds.
UTG calls. (pretty weak/tight actually...)

(4 players)
Turn: 9 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

UTG checks.
MP bets 3.8$.
Hero calls 3.8$
SB calls 3.8$.
UTG calls 3.8$

(3 players)
River: 3 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
UTG checks.
MP checks.
Hero shoves for his remaining chips...

The reason I played this so passively is because my draws were all pretty well hidden IMO, and I preferred getting the extra money in... Is this like ULTRA SPEW?

I was running very very bad, tilting around a bit prolly, that's why I became playing so passively...

But given your mind is fresh and clear: Do you think calling down in a loose game like that with these draws is acceptable (you get 1-2 more callers)? Or is shoving on the flop >>> calling, or is it close? I thought this was pretty interesting in retrospect.

€dit: Sry for completely wrong forum!!! Kinda missed my other window [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 05-22-2007, 04:25 AM

Default Re: 23s with bottom pair and draws

I don't see why the preflopcall is really that bad, there are already two callers, would have been better though if you had a larger stack. A 3x BB raise with som many callers is just enough to let you chase, but you have to play the flop aggressively because there is already a lot of money in. Please push the flop you have decent FE and a great hand on the come, I think this is the only justified move but I like to hear from others.
Old 05-22-2007, 04:56 AM

wowzer those blind sizes compared to stacks. Everyone calls every hand? (they should).
Old 05-22-2007, 09:18 AM

Everyone agrees on shoving flop >>> calling-to-keep-in-the *stupid*-draws-in-as-well? (Like 2 overs)