Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > BBV4Life
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-21-2007, 06:49 PM

Default Just a beat: My car was broken into

I debated about posting this in OOT, but this was just too bad of a beat for me not to post in BBV4L...

So my car got broken into over the weekend. I was out of town for a wedding and a graduation and left my car parked in my apartment complex lot. My landlord called me yesterday morning and told me, but I didn't get home until today to see for myself.

Whoever it was shattered my passenger window. There is glass everywhere. My landlord told me he swept up some glass from the lot, but the seat and the floor are covered. I'm going to be finding bits and pieces for years to come.

The crappy part is that I had nothing in my car but my stereo, but I had removed the faceplate. The stereo wasn't touched and the faceplate was still in its case. Nothing was in view except a few coins in the cupholder. The pennies were strewn about and the couple quarters I had are gone. My glovebox was opened and rummaged through, nothing in there and nothing taken. The center console was emptied of a bunch of receipts and random crap, but again, nothing was taken. I had maybe one or two dollar bills in the console that were taken, but it wasn't like they were visible. I had two Chipotle burrito coupons that weren't taken, and a winning lottery ticket worth a whopping $3 that was still there. My hands-free thingy for my cell phone wasn't taken either.

The police were no help, but I got my report filed. Auto glass people are coming in the morning to get me a new window. My insurance isn't going to cover the less than $200 to replace the window. It's just a [censored] thing to happen...all for maybe $1.75.

I'm pretty sure I'm never locking my car again. I never leave anything of value in there anyway, and I would hate to have to deal with this [censored] again to get the window replaced and clean up my car. Why bother? I'd rather have someone go through my things and see that I have nothing in there than to have to spend ~$200 to replace a window. It doesn't seem worth it to me. Especially when I had nothing visible anyway except some random change.

And why the hell did no one hear it? I've never shattered a car window before, but it seems like it would not be a quiet thing. My car faces a whole wall of windows to like six different apartments, and no one heard someone smashing into a car window? WTF?!

Cliff notes: My car got broken into. Nothing missing except some random change and a dollar bill. It just pisses me off.
Old 05-21-2007, 06:56 PM

Default Re: Just a beat: My car was broken into

brag my car was broken into and they took cds clothes and a checkbook, my checkbook was used leading to their arrest, turned out they were part of some criminal ring who had been breaking into cars and IM A HERO

beat- getting to the van nuys courthouse on the 405 at 8am

edit my car was unlocked sorry bout the window,forgot the point of your story.
Old 05-21-2007, 07:23 PM

ya some 13 yr olds did the same thing to mine @ college and a bunch of other cars... their goal: to get a bunch of change. Ended up getting a letter from one of the kids and payment for the window some months later. The kid could barely spell, not even joking.

Eh.
Old 05-21-2007, 07:25 PM

where you live?
Old 05-21-2007, 07:29 PM

when i was like a sophomore in HS i used to do this. 'Cept the cars i went after were unlocked. The most i got was a few hockey sticks, cd's, and one time a set of golf clubs. I thought it was badass at the time, but it was pretty stupid.
Old 05-21-2007, 07:33 PM

yes you will find glass in the carpet and other places for years.. it sucks ass
Old 05-21-2007, 10:55 PM

my car got broken into last week and not only did they break the [censored] window, they also stole my stereo and my tomtom. [censored] chav scum
Old 05-21-2007, 11:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
my car got broken into last week and not only did they break the [censored] window, they also stole my stereo and my tomtom. [censored] chav scum

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, thanks by the way.
Old 05-21-2007, 11:13 PM

My first car had a nice stereo in it and one night when it was parked in front of my house it got broken into. Funny thing is the car was going to the junkyard later on that week and I had already taken the stereo out...all the speakers, amp, sub and deck. Got money from the insurance company and the kids who did it got caught. LOL.
Old 05-21-2007, 11:27 PM

heh. I went to a college that sat next to a bad neighborhood. Parking on campus was expensive, so I parked in the bad neighborhood. My car used to get rifled once a week, minimum, so I made sure to never lock the door. Got tired of the petty theft (toll monies, etc) so I taped a razor blade to the underside of the lift-up door handles. Got a laugh every now and then (3, maybe 4 times) coming back to a bloody car. Surprisingly, no one ever exacted revenge for getting their hand cut.

Seriously, I NEVER lock my car unless I have valuables in it worth more than my deductible.