Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-20-2007, 11:20 PM

Default Some hands from my downswing...

Reviewing previous hands and I am starting to realize why I suck so much. Thought I would be interested in hearing what you guys thought on a couple of these.

Hand1
<font color="blue">Villain thinks I am probably a decent player, who is tight and doesn’t get out of line all that much. I view him as decent but v aggressive in some spots. So far hes been doing very well against me and I havent done anything too crazy. </font>

Seat 1: hardkAre ($2857.50 in chips)
Seat 6: NoYouWont ($1817.75 in chips)
hardkAre: posts small blind $5
NoYouWont: posts big blind $10
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to NoYouWont [3h 5h]
hardkAre: raises $30 to $40
NoYouWont: raises $90 to $130
hardkAre: calls $90
*** FLOP *** [Ks 6h 4d]
NoYouWont: bets $166
hardkAre: calls $166
*** TURN *** [Ks 6h 4d] [5s]
NoYouWont: checks
hardkAre: bets $249
NoYouWont: calls $249
*** RIVER *** [Ks 6h 4d 5s] [8h]
NoYouWont: bets $1272.75 and is all-in
-he covers

Thought it would be tough for him to make a call with most of his holdings given the board just went really ugly. Does my line look to much like a bluff? I am capable of value shoving (or value stacking [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]) a set here but I dont know if opponent knows that.

Hand2
<font color="blue"> Villain is pretty solid, me and him have not tangled all that much. Villain most likely views me as tight decent probably. My only read is that he sometimes plays higher and knows what hes doing.</font>

Seat 1: NoYouWont ($1011.85 in chips)
Seat 2: Mr. Albany ($519.75 in chips)
Seat 4: tjbentham ($1880.25 in chips)
Seat 5: lucky168222 ($1063 in chips)
Seat 6: WiltOnTilt ($1124 in chips)
NoYouWont: posts small blind $5
Mr. Albany: posts big blind $10
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to NoYouWont [3d 5d]
tjbentham: raises $20 to $30
lucky168222: folds
WiltOnTilt: calls $30
NoYouWont: calls $25
Mr. Albany: folds
*** FLOP *** [Ad 6d 8d]
NoYouWont: bets $70
tjbentham: calls $70
WiltOnTilt: folds
*** TURN *** [Ad 6d 8d] [Ah]
NoYouWont: bets $200
tjbentham: calls $200
*** RIVER *** [Ad 6d 8d Ah] [Ts]
NoYouWont: checks (???)
tjbentham: bets $1520
NoYouWont: ... its $712 to call.

-do you like river check or should I be shoving this river every time. As played do you call?
Old 05-21-2007, 01:14 AM

Default Re: Some hands from my downswing...

hand 1, I think the river shove is probably bad because it costs you so much and his range includes a lot of hands with a 7, not to mention the other hands he might call you with, its a bad river for your hand but I think you just have to give it up here and if you do bet, bet less.

hand 2, I think river shoving is hardly ever correct here because he only calls with a hand that beats you, and I think this is a fold for sure against most people.
Old 05-21-2007, 03:25 AM

I have to disagree in hand 2:i kinda like the check bcs firing the third barrel her looks like a boat and lose some value imo .Now he pushes i think you got a call bcs i think he would have raised your turn w 88 66 putting yu on an ace or flush before river could kill the action.So now he has to have exactly ace ten or like kq diamonds to beat you: i tank and call but i tend to become a huge station actuallt so maybe i m wrong
Old 05-21-2007, 03:46 AM

I dont really like hand 1, and really hate the open push on the river after c/c on the turn, it just seems really bluffy.Would you really play a set like that on that river?

I think a CRAI on the turn would be better, having c/c the turn give up the river.

Hand 2 seems really good to me, I would call. Obv sucks if you see AT here but I really think you win here a good % of the time, weak aces probably get shoved in an attempt to get you off a better ace, as would the nut flush draw sometimes, especially if he views you as tight and prob realises he has FE even vs a baby flush. Villain surely doesnt show up with a flopped set&gt;turned boat here very often right?

I like the river check, as long as you call.
Old 05-21-2007, 05:20 AM

1 is fine though i'd probably c/r allin on the turn.

2 i'd fold.
Old 05-21-2007, 05:33 AM

1 repop a lot more pre vs him, and def. c/r turn AI...he floats a lot, plays marginal hands, i think a c/r turn AI is the best move vs him especially if youve been tight...if you were in a downswing i definately wouldn't play him on 5/10 HU, especially 200bbs deep...I think hardcare is snapcalling with any king here, just from his calling tendencies from when I play him hu FWIW

2 INSTACALL as played, but ffs fold that [censored] preflop OOP to avoid spots like this...only worried about AT here vs tj
Old 05-21-2007, 06:27 AM

hand 1: i think you get called too much here to make it +ev

hand 2: I would never, ever fold this
Old 05-21-2007, 07:10 AM

You remember I almost folded in hand 1 though NYW? Everyone who thinks NYW should bet less on river in hand 1 is retarded, if he had a 7 he would def shove. I might agree with straate though, CR turn AI is probably the best move, but as played shove is fine.
Old 05-21-2007, 07:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]
You remember I almost folded in hand 1 though NYW? Everyone who thinks NYW should bet less on river in hand 1 is retarded, if he had a 7 he would def shove. I might agree with straate though, CR turn AI is probably the best move, but as played shove is fine.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agree, 7 definately shoves (and should shove vs you :P ) river. I really think you should make it at LEAST 140 preflop OOP, especially this deep. Bet flop hard, and C/R turn AI. This is a really good flop to float for hardkare, and turn is a tough call without AK+
Old 05-21-2007, 07:18 AM

and honestly in hand 2, I think TJ plays AK/AQ (no D) the same way. he never has A6/A8/TT/higher flush here. 79 just got there on the river. the only hand i can see that beats you is AT that he would play this way. I'd be really surprised if he turned up with anything that beats you besides AT.