Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > Tournament Circuit/WSOP
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-19-2007, 10:07 PM

Default Any Vegas locals know or play with Tommy Vu?

Back in March he bought half my action in a Bellagio 1k donkament that I took down. Told me he wanted to let his half ride on me in a few series events. Well I just broke my cell with his number on it and I was supposed to call him a few weeks before I head out there.

If anyone knows him could you please pm me? I'll give you my cell number to give to him. Thanks all!

He usually plays limit, 30, 60, and 100 games at the B

note from TT - moved from B&M because its more likely that someone in the tourny forums might know him
Old 05-19-2007, 11:24 PM

Default Re: Any Vegas locals know or play with Tommy Vu?

[ QUOTE ]
Back in March he bought half my action in a Bellagio 1k donkament that I took down. Told me he wanted to let his half ride on me in a few series events. Well I just broke my cell with his number on it and I was supposed to call him a few weeks before I head out there.

If anyone knows him could you please pm me? I'll give you my cell number to give to him. Thanks all!

Mods, This may not be entirely B&M related, but I doubt anyone in any other forum would know the guy

He usually plays limit, 30, 60, and 100 games at the B

[/ QUOTE ]

isn't he the guy in the infomercial 20 yrs ago? he would be on a yatch with bikini clad babes trying to teach us how to be rich. And isn't he in jail?
Old 05-19-2007, 11:43 PM

I don't know his number, but I'm sure you can catch up with him at his next seminar. If he's not there, you can always swing by the Tom Vu mansion.
Old 05-19-2007, 11:43 PM

yeah, thats him. and no, he's not in jail...

you can still find the infomercials on youtube, good stuff!
Old 05-20-2007, 12:23 AM

"life is too short to get rich slow"

i [censored] love tommy vu
Old 05-20-2007, 12:28 AM

tommy vu mostly plays the 10-20nl game now. i've played dozens if not hundreds of hours with him, he's quite a character and great action at the table. he's also been running real hot in tourneys lately; in the last couple months he's won like 300k, so he might be up for staking you even more!

pm me your cell # and i'll pass it along to him.
Old 05-20-2007, 12:57 AM

Yeah, he FT'd the WPT championship I think.

It's actually a funny story how he ended up buying my action, might as well turn this into the TR I never posted.

I had been up all night at the 60 game having decided I was not going to leave the table until I was unstuck (it was a really soft game and it was only the 2nd day of a 2 week trip, what the hell). He got there around my 17th hour at the beginning of the rush that finally got me up about a rack.

So I'm racking up around noon, and Tommy asks where I'm going. I tell him back to the room of course (he knew I had been up all night by now, we talked quite a bit). He says "No way, you good playa, you have to play tournament at 2 pm!" I tell him no way am I going to play well considering the circumstances, and he tells me "Nonsense! you get in, I buy half your action!"

Delirious with exhaustion at this point, I decide this is a great idea and buy in. The best part was waiting the two hours while nodding off at an empty table. I knew I couldn't go back to the room since I would fall asleep and not make it back in time.

Anyway, to make a long story short I proceed to steamroll my way to the FT, having about 30-35% of the chips in play when we get there (I ran great and was only all in one time the whole tourney). We ended up chopping based on chips when it was 7 handed.

Highlight of the tourney was having Sklansky tell me he didn't like the way I played my Aces when I stacked a guy with Queens. I sleepily tell him "I agree, but I'm trying out results-oriented thinking at the moment." He laughed after I told him I had been up all night.

Anyway, turned out to be a great trip and hopefully I'll be playing in some WSOP donkaments instead of just the side games as is my usual MO.

PM'ing now Mike, thanks!
Old 05-20-2007, 02:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]
yeah, thats him. and no, he's not in jail...

you can still find the infomercials on youtube, good stuff!

[/ QUOTE ]

Was he ever in jail? Is he still really rich? ie worth over 10 mil?
Old 05-20-2007, 03:31 PM

Don't know about the jail, although I doubt it. All him and those other 80's real estate infomercial guys were selling was information that was readily available to the public if you wanted to do the research yourself. They just sold entrance to seminars where they would share the info.

Don't know about net worth either but he definitely has been doing well in tourneys lately!
Old 05-20-2007, 04:01 PM

"There are two types of people in the world, the Doer and the Loser. Which one are you?"

"Come to my seminar!!!!!!!!!"