Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-19-2007, 03:51 PM

Default nl50 a couple hands.

So after runnin real hot for ~8k hands, I've been playing break even poker for the last ~7k. I dont' want to just attribute it to a lack of cards.. so I'm checkin my lines here.

For both hands, my stats were around 18/15/3

Any and all thoughts/comments are welcome. Thanks.

Hand 1:

Villan is 17/10 over ~1k hands. He hasn't gotten too tricky on me, but there was a couple of times where I didn't tangle with one of his 3 bets.

Full Tilt Poker - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.25/$0.50 Blinds - 6 Players - (LegoPoker HH Converter)

SB: $55.95
BB: $45.65
<font color="black">Hero (UTG): $77.25</font>
MP: $51.10
CO: $20.00
BTN: $50.20

<font color="black">Preflop:</font> Hero is dealt Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (6 Players)
<font color="red">Hero raises to $2.00</font>, MP calls $2.00, 4 folds

<font color="black">Flop:</font> ($4.75) Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $3.00</font>, MP calls $3.00

<font color="black">Turn:</font> ($10.75) 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (2 Players)
Hero checks, <font color="red">MP bets $7.50</font>, Hero calls $7.50

<font color="black">River:</font> ($25.75) A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 Players)
Hero checks, <font color="red">MP bets all-in for $38.60</font>, Hero folds
Uncalled bet of $38.60 returned to MP

Pot Size: $25.75 ($1.30 Rake)

Hand 2:

Villan is 45/11/3

SB: $111.75
BB: $26.25
UTG: $55.60
CO: $17.50
<font color="black">Hero (BTN): $49.45</font>

<font color="black">Preflop:</font> Hero is dealt 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (5 Players)
2 folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $1.75</font>, SB calls $1.50, BB folds

<font color="black">Flop:</font> ($4) 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (2 Players)
SB checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $3.00</font>, <font color="red">SB raises to $6.00</font>, Hero calls $3.00

<font color="black">Turn:</font> ($16) Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 Players)
SB checks, Hero checks

<font color="black">River:</font> ($16) 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">SB bets $9.00</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises all-in to $41.70</font>,
Old 05-19-2007, 04:16 PM

Default Re: nl50 a couple hands.

First Hand: Don't give up leading on the turn, bet again. Given his range from 17/10 stats, he hasnt got the 9 and is bluffing/semi-bluffing the turn with a flush draw. So betting on the turn i think is vital, and you certainly don't want to compound your apparent weakness by just calling after him, thats not fooling anyone into believing you have the nine and are now slowplaying! His river bet probably means he hit his ace, either way, your fold is right.

Second hand: You tried to steal-OK, You C-Bet-OK, you called his Check-raise-BAD, You don't follow yur bet on the turn-BAD, you bluff vs his possible made hand which he represents by value betting-BAD. IMO this is spewing. Just pull it back a little off the "AGGcelerator", (i just made that up! nice, lol)

GL
Old 05-19-2007, 04:16 PM

Hmm... I really don't like the 2nd one. I might be a nit, but I would fold the flop right there. It's a suited connector. You raised preflop (good), you made a cbet (good), he called it and since you missed the flop completely I would be done with the hand.

As played, you have to fold the river. The minraise on the flop indicated a possible 3/Q/flushdraw, his check on the turn might just be him slowplaying because he hit a boat, which he is now value betting on the river...
Old 05-20-2007, 12:32 AM

thanks to both, randomhand and kenadams.

i appriciate your help.. kinda just needed a little check to keep my head on straight.

after looking at the hands more subjectively they're pretty see through/simple
Old 05-20-2007, 09:15 AM

Bet turn on hand 1, fold to c/r on hand 2.
Old 05-20-2007, 10:22 AM

hand 1: bet a little more on the flop, continue betting the turn, as played fold is good

Hand 2: Hero folds flop, stop spewing the river

Crovax
Old 05-20-2007, 10:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]

stop spewing the river

[/ QUOTE ]

lol yes sir
Old 05-20-2007, 11:21 AM

Hand 1: I think this is the problem with opening KQo UTG. Even when the K or Q comes you are still OOP not knowing where you are. As played, Abramovich says bet turn, but I dunno, I mean, are we that worried about getting bluffed off it, or, giving up value from JQ/TQ? I think no and no. So I go into c/c mode after cbet and fold river.

Hand 2: I like this open, but like Abramovich I fold to the flop c/r. As played, it's spew from there on IMO.
Old 05-20-2007, 12:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Hand 1: I think this is the problem with opening KQo UTG. Even when the K or Q comes you are still OOP not knowing where you are. As played, Abramovich says bet turn, but I dunno, I mean, are we that worried about getting bluffed off it, or, giving up value from JQ/TQ? I think no and no. So I go into c/c mode after cbet and fold river.

Hand 2: I like this open, but like Abramovich I fold to the flop c/r. As played, it's spew from there on IMO.

[/ QUOTE ]

chomp:

how does the ace river change anything at all? I think this river is a check/call, I mean your not playing a set or AQ like this, and its now less likely he has AQ not more. Isn't it possible he was floating with JJ/TT and realizes he's no good now so he pushes river?

2nd hand is really disgusting, I don't know why u posted it.
Old 05-20-2007, 01:11 PM

1st: I think limp UTG, I agree with leading the turn, he is most likely calling with a Q here (which you have beat) and raising with a 9, so you can fold to a raise.
2nd: Pf and c.bet are good, i would fold to the min raise, because he's representing at least a Q and you're drawing very thin vs any pair.