Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-19-2007, 06:31 AM

Default 2/4 PS Why You Don\'t Pick On The New Kid

First Hand. Had to Post in BB cuz I missed a rotation.

PokerStars 2/4 Hold'em (10 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">6 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Hero calls.

Flop: (4.50 SB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO 3-bets</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (5.25 BB) A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, Hero calls.

River: (9.25 BB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets...</font> intending to fold.
Old 05-19-2007, 07:48 AM

Default Re: 2/4 PS Why You Don\'t Pick On The New Kid

I think the flop check-raise is good. I have started to wait for the turn to check-raise very strong draws in this situation. What do people think of this?

As played, what about a turn check-raise?

I think a river bet-fold is quite good. Seems he would only raise a better hand, and he has the option to take a free SD with less than an ace if you check. He is unknown though. Terrible if you ended up folding the best hand.
Old 05-19-2007, 08:13 AM

I think I'd check/raise the turn, but otherwise I like your line against a decent opponent.

Bet/fold is generally the best line on this river with your hand, but against an unknown (as the CO apparently is), I prefer to check/call. I'd hate to get bluffed off the best hand in a 12 BB pot only to find out later in the session that this guy is a maniac. Besides which, it'd be useful to know what he had here either way, to help form a read.
Old 05-19-2007, 08:16 AM

3bet preflop.

flop is fine.

c/r the turn.

whatever you do, don't fold the river.
Old 05-19-2007, 10:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]
3bet preflop.

[/ QUOTE ]
I'd usually want a better ace before I 3-bet here as a default play. What range of hands do you think should be reraised from BB against a steal raise and no callers?
Old 05-19-2007, 11:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]
3bet preflop.

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't you think that A5o in the BB is a little light to 3-bet a CO raise?
Old 05-19-2007, 11:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
3bet preflop.

[/ QUOTE ]
I'd usually want a better ace before I 3-bet here as a default play. What range of hands do you think should be reraised from BB against a steal raise and no callers?

[/ QUOTE ]

on the first steal attempt any ace, most pp's(44+ anyway), suited kings, K9o+, etc.

for me, these situations aren't about waiting for a better spot. take the initiative right now to deter the stealing later.

put it this way. you want to keep these late position raisors in line the rest of the night, right? they will be much more straightforward in what they raise against your big blind if they know the threat of being 3bet is high.
Old 05-19-2007, 11:29 AM

Stox's new book has a great discussion of ranges for 3 betting versus a LP open-raiser based on the raiser's attempt to steal %.

its highly informative.
Old 05-19-2007, 11:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Stox's new book has a great discussion of ranges for 3 betting versus a LP open-raiser based on the raiser's attempt to steal %.

its highly informative.

[/ QUOTE ]

what's the range?
Old 05-19-2007, 02:21 PM

The re-stealing range vs. a CO raiser that has an ATS% of 40 is 66+,A8s+,A9o+,KJs+,KQo+. You would obviously need more of a hand against a player that steals less and less of a hand if he steals more. You would also need less of a hand against a button steal and even less against a SB steal.