Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-18-2007, 09:21 PM

Default Stuck with VirtualGift card, any clever workarounds?

VirtualGift cards from giftcards.com, remember those?

Back in February, I bought a $500 virtualgift card so i could deposit when a reload bonus came up from pokerstars.

Well, the PS reload finally came around. I tried to deposit using my card and it was declined. Thats not what this post is about though.

I'm not asking about trying to deposit into PS. I'm asking about if there is ANY way to liquidate my virtualgift card and get cash.

The virtual gift card is not a physical card, it's just an account with the credit card numbers. I called their customer service department asking them to mail me a phyiscal card so I could withdrawl from ATM's but the guy said they can't convert the virtualgift cards into physical ATM cards.

So now im stuck with $500 in an online credit card account with which there is no way to withdrawl from.

This is prolly hopeless but does anyone know any clever ways to get cash out of my account? Something like buying an item online, returning it to a phyiscal store, get cash? Or transfering the balance to another credit card and cashing out? Something along those lines.
Old 05-18-2007, 10:36 PM

Default Re: Stuck with VirtualGift card, any clever workarounds?

Try paying a bill with it. I pay my electric bill and cell phone bill every month my Epassporte virtual card.
Old 05-19-2007, 09:18 AM

I live at home therefore I do not have bills of anykind.

I do use netflix though but thats only like $20 a month. Also, virtualgift charges a monthly fee for cards that are over still active over 6 months.

I was thinking that since Nordstrom is so liberal with their return policy, I might have a shot there. Just buy something online, then return it at a Nordstrom, get cash instead of store credit.

I did a online chat with a rep from Nordstrom.com, heres the transcript:

We've received your message - a customer service representative will be with you shortly.
You have been connected to Jody W.
Jody W: I see your question: hi whats the return policy for items bought over the internet
Jody W: Hello and welcome to Nordstrom, Johnny Chan!
johnny chan: hi
Jody W: Our primary goal is to make sure that you are completely satisfied with your items. Therefore, we offer a very flexible return and exchange policy. You may return your order at any time using the return label included with your order. A $5.00 return postage fee will be deducted from your credit if you are just returning your order. You may also return your order to any department at your local Nordstrom store and the return fee will be waived. Please be sure to bring your packing slip and the original credit card used with you. Please note, original shipping charges are non-refundable.
johnny chan: what if i am buying with one of those virtual giftcards
johnny chan: its not a physical atm card
johnny chan: but it works just like one and its a visa
Jody W: You would just print off the Virtual Gift card and bring it in with you.
johnny chan: what if i want to exchange for cash
Jody W: That would be up to the store if they would give you the cash or issue you another gift card or if you have would have to exchange if for something else.
johnny chan: ok thank you
Jody W: Is there anything else I can help you with today?
johnny chan: no that is all, thanks. bye

Im gonna give it a shot since i have nothing to lose. I'll just buy something I like since if I can't refund for cash then I'll just keep it.
Old 05-19-2007, 09:23 AM

Try JCPenney also.
Old 05-19-2007, 11:49 AM

No car insurance, no need to purchase gifts, you gots it easy . You may also try escript.com and purchase cards for restaurants / fast food / prepaid gasoline.. you do go out to eat,/ have dates. I assume mommy and daddy do not pick up your gas.

B&N / Amazon do sell poker books. Just a few suggestions.
Old 05-19-2007, 12:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I live at home therefore I do not have bills of anykind.

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL
Old 05-19-2007, 01:10 PM

You may be able to buy a WU money order with it and deposit on Stars.