Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-18-2007, 08:59 PM

Default 10NL: Two Pair On Flop

Just reviewing my last session and this hand got my attention. I had just sat at the table so no reads on villain. Should I have played it more tentatively? Would anyone consider a fold here?

The way I played the hand, I know I should have just shoved all-in when he reraised on the flop.

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.10 BB (5 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

MP ($9.45)
Button ($2.75)
Hero ($10.15)
BB ($41.70)
UTG ($8.90)

Preflop: Hero is SB with J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
UTG calls $0.10, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Hero completes, BB checks.

Flop: ($0.30) A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets $0.3</font>, UTG calls $0.30, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $1.4</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises to $4.5</font>, UTG folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $8.4</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises to $16.5</font>, Hero calls $1.65 (All-In).

Turn: ($27.15) 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players, 1 all-in)</font>

River: ($27.15) 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players, 1 all-in)</font>

Final Pot: $27.15
Old 05-18-2007, 09:07 PM

Default Re: 10NL: Two Pair On Flop

I would have raised PF here, having said that you could find a fold when he raises to $4.50 on the flop, I feel its A/rag[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] or KT, anything else he should/would have raised PF.... I cant believe aomeone is playing AT or lower like this?, mind you having $41.70 at a $10NL table should tell you something, either he has been at the table for long while or is a maniac?

Tough spot, the only thing your beating is the A flush draw and he has loads of outs to overtake
Old 05-18-2007, 09:09 PM

Default Re: 10NL: Two Pair On Flop

[ QUOTE ]
The way I played the hand, I know I should have just shoved all-in when he reraised on the flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

yup.

although I think I dump it when he reraises.

it depends on what standards he gets all-in with. If most of the time he'll Stack off with AK then it's OK but AQ AJ KT all have you smoked (and these are likely hands that this guy can hold) and sometimes when you are ahead a gutshot of a flush or something else will hit.

bottom 2pair on a broadway flop is not something I'll often back with my stack.