Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: THIS DEALA ALWAYS KILL ME
stab me in the prickhole with a hot crayon 69 100.00%
Voters: 69. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-18-2007, 04:31 PM

Default Questions on Love

I first fell in love when I was 14. That was 8 years ago. I still think about this girl every day and it greatly impacted my other significant relationship a few years ago. I thought I understood my feelings, but I recently started having doubts. So I am interested in what others have to say on this topic. More questions will follow in the next post.

Question 1: Do you still think about the first girl/guy you fell in love with?
Old 05-18-2007, 04:32 PM

Default Re: Questions on Love

Question 2: For those who answered "Yeah, like every day," how long has it been since you broke up?

(Series of) Question(s) 3: For the older OOTers, if you would have, at some point in your life, answered "Yeah, like every day," do you ever completely forget him/her? Does it at least die down a bit? If so, how long did it take before it started to fade? Did something help it die down, like a new love?

Question 4: How do other loves feel with respect to how you felt about your first?

Thanks.
Old 05-18-2007, 05:01 PM

I think OOT needs some pics.
Old 05-18-2007, 05:06 PM

I think remembering past loves on occasion is pretty standard, but every day/often after an extended period of time is what we like to refer to as "obsessed."

If you're not over someone who was the total love of your life, yadda yadda, in about two months, it's time for your mates to drag you out of the house and get you drunk and laid.

There's a lot of crappy people in the world, but it turns out there's some wonderful one's too. Sure the last one may have been wonderful, but it hardly means she's the only one.

Ray
Old 05-18-2007, 05:09 PM

I am more than 20 years removed from serious GF #1. About the only time I think about her is when I hear a certain song or open a thread like this.
Old 05-18-2007, 05:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think remembering past loves on occasion is pretty standard, but every day/often after an extended period of time is what we like to refer to as "obsessed."

If you're not over someone who was the total love of your life, yadda yadda, in about two months, it's time for your mates to drag you out of the house and get you drunk and laid.

There's a lot of crappy people in the world, but it turns out there's some wonderful one's too. Sure the last one may have been wonderful, but it hardly means she's the only one.

Ray

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not going to argue with the obsessed part, but I just want to be clear on something. I know she doesn't love me anymore. I know that there is no chance of ever being with her. I have known and accepted that for a long time. But it doesn't change the fact that she pops into my head, if only briefly, about once a day. The thought doesn't sadden me, nor does it make me depressed. It's just there and won't leave.
Old 05-18-2007, 05:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I am more than 20 years removed from serious GF #1. About the only time I think about her is when I hear a certain song or open a thread like this.

[/ QUOTE ]

Was there ever a time when you thought about her more often? Or has it been like this for about 20 years now?
Old 05-18-2007, 05:24 PM

my first real love was in college...I was engaged to her. 20-something years later and I can barely remember what she looks like. You'll have other, greater loves in life...especially greater than one you had when you were 14!
Old 05-18-2007, 05:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I am more than 12 years removed from serious GF #1. About the only time I think about her is when I hear a certain song or open a thread like this.

[/ QUOTE ]

for me it's Saved the Best for Last or Ain't too Proud to Beg. (she had horrible taste in music)
Old 05-18-2007, 05:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm not going to argue with the obsessed part, but I just want to be clear on something. I know she doesn't love me anymore. I know that there is no chance of ever being with her. I have known and accepted that for a long time. But it doesn't change the fact that she pops into my head, if only briefly, about once a day. The thought doesn't sadden me, nor does it make me depressed. It's just there and won't leave.

[/ QUOTE ]

I would say aside from the daily thing, this is pretty normal. I would say this happens to me about once a month. For it to happen so often to you makes me think you are lacking some form of closure for some reason. Hard to say with no real background...

Ray