Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Golf
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-18-2007, 03:43 PM

Default Big Bertha Irons?

Hi, I have been put off upgrading my irons too long and its about time i seriously start looking at what I should purchase for my next set. Today I went into my local golf shop in town and they pretty much discrimate against lefties because they have such a poor selection, but they did have a used set of 2002 Big Bertha irons that I was thinking about purchasing. I hear they are forgiving and that is something that I should have because overall I'm not that great of a golfer. They want $300 for the 4i through gap wedge. I was wondering if anyone has experience with these and if they could give me some feedback with what they thought of them. Also what do you think of that price and I think they will consider offers so what would you said would be a fair price for them? They looked to be in good condition with a few marks and scuffs.
Old 05-18-2007, 04:01 PM

Default Re: Big Bertha Irons?

That's way too much for that set of irons made in 2002.

I wouldn't pay more than $225 if i was you.

Shop around on ebay...it really is one of the best places to buy your used iron sets
Old 05-18-2007, 05:03 PM

kirbrand,

Several golf outlets are currently selling Brand New Callaway 2004 Big Bertha irons (4-PW, GW and SW) for $449.00. I purchased a set from PGA Superstore and played 99 holes with them in Myrtle Beach last weekend. Great value for a solid set of clubs.
Old 05-18-2007, 05:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
That's way too much for that set of irons made in 2002.

I wouldn't pay more than $225 if i was you.

Shop around on ebay...it really is one of the best places to buy your used iron sets

[/ QUOTE ]

Ya thats the thing with the golf shop in town, they usually to overprice everything, if I go back I'd probably try talking them down to 225 but I bet they wouldn't go lower then 250, thanks for the heads up on that though.

[ QUOTE ]

kirbrand,

Several golf outlets are currently selling Brand New Callaway 2004 Big Bertha irons (4-PW, GW and SW) for $449.00. I purchased a set from PGA Superstore and played 99 holes with them in Myrtle Beach last weekend. Great value for a solid set of clubs.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for the link, I might have to look into these if I can't get the golf shop to go lower on their price.
Old 05-18-2007, 07:53 PM

Doesn’t seem that overpriced too me. PGA value guide
Old 05-18-2007, 08:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Here is a BRAND NEW set from 2004, that is selling for $100 more than these guys are trying to charge him for a used yet with visible marks on them from 2002.

2004 Brand New Big Betha Irons

I could dig up more, but this example shows what the value guide is worth....nothing
Old 05-18-2007, 09:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Going by that guide I'd say they should not charge more then $240 for those clubs, thanks for posting this though.
Old 05-18-2007, 09:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Here is a BRAND NEW set from 2004, that is selling for $100 more than these guys are trying to charge him for a used yet with visible marks on them from 2002.

2004 Brand New Big Betha Irons

I could dig up more, but this example shows what the value guide is worth....nothing

[/ QUOTE ]

Also thanks for this, I was doing some browsing on ebay checking out prices but if they aren't going to budge on their price 400 bucks for a brand new set of Berthas is definitely the way to go.