Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Gambling > Sports Betting
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-18-2007, 03:36 PM

Default MLS soccer

I know nothing about this but wouldnt mind getting into it too have something to bet on during the summer. So just have a couple of questions.

What conference is considered the best?

What would be the top 3 teams in each conference? Is there any team doing well in the league that wouldnt be expecting too(Think NO saints). i know they are only a few games in.

If people can think of anything else a noob should know about the sport throw that in aswll.
Old 05-18-2007, 08:26 PM

Default Re: MLS soccer

The Eastern Conference is generally considered to be better then the West, especially at the top. Right now the best teams are probably New England and Red Bull (New York) and the best teams in the West are probably Dallas and Houston (although Houston has been stuggling early).

Big surprises for the year is the success of Red Bull, and the pathetic performances of Houston and DC United, who were probably the two best teams in MLS last year.

From a betting standpoint, you need to make sure that teams are playing with a full roster. It isn't a problem this early in the season, but there are a number of tournaments this summer (Gold Cup, Copa America, U20 Worlds) and teams can really take a beating when they lose two or three of their best players.

An early example of one player hurting a whole team is Red Bull, which has looked great in the early going, but was embarrassingly bad against Colorado last week because they were missing one key player (Claudio Reyna, who was hurt).

Another thing to look for is that the LA Galaxy are stuggling early, but will probably be overbet when David Beckham arrives. He will help them quite a bit, but not enough to help this team that hasn't done anything yet.
Old 05-18-2007, 09:34 PM

Cheers. I was looking at the fixtures and odds for this weekends games, NE are 2/1 away at Houston which seems like a good price considering the recent form of both teams so i was surpised, but i didnt realise houston are actually a good team who are just struggling.
Old 05-19-2007, 11:51 AM

The New England game is the one game I was considering betting this weekend (on New England) and I think it is a decent price, but Houston isn't as bad as their record thus far indicates...

Being as I am far from a good sports bettor, you should take any opinions with a grain of salt.