Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-19-2006, 02:13 AM

Default ATs, the biggest pot ever.

Spew?

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (10 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is CO with A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">5 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, Button calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, BB calls, <font color="#CC3333">UTG 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, Button calls, BB calls, UTG calls.

Flop: (16.50 SB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, Hero calls, Button calls, <font color="#CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, UTG calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, Button calls, BB calls, UTG calls.

Turn: (16.25 BB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, UTG calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, Button calls, <font color="#CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, UTG calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, Button calls, BB calls, UTG calls.

River: (32.25 BB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, UTG calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button 3-bets</font>, BB calls, UTG folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, Button calls, BB calls.

Final Pot: 45.25 BB
Old 02-19-2006, 02:20 AM

Default Re: ATs, the biggest pot ever.

I don't cap the turn. I just call the three bet and hope to God that I hit the flush and no one hits a straight flush.
Old 02-19-2006, 02:24 AM

GRUNCH*

Dont cap preflop
Call UTG raise
Dont cap turn or raise

BTW, UTG limp/re-raise screams AA or KK.
Old 02-19-2006, 02:26 AM

Doh, I didn't look at pre-flop action. Call the 3-bet pre-flop. Caping is major spew with a marginal hand like ATs
Old 02-19-2006, 02:44 AM

I don't cap preflop

I just call the turn, you are never ahead, and have next to no pair out value, also the gutshot isn't worth much either
Old 02-19-2006, 03:16 AM

The preflop raise is standard, but with no reads the preflop cap seems a bit much.

On the flop you have enough in to make the cap good.

The turn is a different story and if you miss, I don't see how you are going to get these guys to fold by showing strength. This seems like a little bit of a spew to me, but it could give your hand some deception. I have found that most sane opponents slow down on the 3 flush board even if the action does not point to it. So again, a read may have helped here.

Good river card (Can you pass some of that 'luck' my way). Seems standard. Only worry is the straight flush and actions doesn't look like it. I think you got lucky after your overaggressive turn play and the button hit the smaller flush and let you extract some more.

So overall, some spew, but some good stuff too.

my 2 cents

mitch
Old 02-19-2006, 04:04 AM

I agree with all that the preflop cap is not good.

The turn is the street with the most question, I think. With 3 callers putting in money for each of my bets, the cap is really close for value. I have 12 outs to big draws, and maybe 1 out for my overcards. 13 outs is a little more than I need to cap for value here. There's a small amount of time that capping the turn earns me an extra bet on the river. It's really really close, and capping is fun.
Old 02-19-2006, 06:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]

The turn is the street with the most question, I think. With 3 callers putting in money for each of my bets, the cap is really close for value. I have 12 outs to big draws, and maybe 1 out for my overcards. 13 outs is a little more than I need to cap for value here. There's a small amount of time that capping the turn earns me an extra bet on the river. It's really really close, and capping is fun.

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you think your outs to the straight are full outs? I think you split the pot a lot of the time here if a 3 falls

I'm not convinced you have even 1 out for the overcards either, UTG not slowing down on the turn after you cap pre-flop and on the flop screams AA a lot more than KK/QQ at me!

I make it more like 10 outs - 9 for the flush, 1 for the straight (discounted heavily as we are drawing to half or even a third of the pot) and with four players and that much action the overcards are worthless IMHO!

Mat
Old 02-19-2006, 06:21 AM

is this a joke?
Old 02-19-2006, 12:44 PM

Zoinks, Scooby!

This looks a lot like spew to me. I don't cap preflop. Flop is standard, of course. On the turn, we don't have nearly enough equity to cap this, and I'm not even sure we should raise. (Since when we're 3-bet, it's clear that only flush outs are good.) River is standard.

To summarize:
preflop: call the 3-bet
flop: good
turn: just call - not enough equity
river: good