Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-18-2007, 10:07 AM

Default Big pot 3handed with TPGK

BB is 34/12/1.43 and BT 34/12/0.89

Limit: $0.50/$1
6 players
Converter

Pre-flop: (6 players) Hero is SB with K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
UTG calls, 2 folds, <font color="#cc0000">Button raises</font>, <font color="#cc0000">Hero 3-bets</font>, BB calls, UTG folds, <font color="#cc0000">Button caps</font>, Hero calls, BB calls.

Flop: K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (13SB, 3 players)
Hero checks, <font color="#cc0000">BB bets</font>, <font color="#cc0000">Button raises</font>, <font color="#cc0000">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#cc0000">BB caps</font>, Button calls, Hero calls.

Turn: 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (12.5BB, 3 players)
Hero checks, <font color="#cc0000">BB bets</font>, Button calls, Hero...

no reads on BB.
BT calls down to SD way to much.
Old 05-18-2007, 10:15 AM

Default Re: Big pot 3handed with TPGK

I would typically just call/pray the whole way. I can see not wanting to fold the flop because passive players are prone to making dumb raises with underpairs on the cheap street, but I don't really see what 3betting accomplishes.
Old 05-18-2007, 10:50 AM

yah 3betting the flop seems bad. BB isn't going anywhere after donking into the preflop capper. given button's passive stats it looks like you are probably behind (not always though). with your 2pair+good backdoor draws (plus possibility of being ahead; people react strangely to donk bets) you have the odds to call.

edit: oh yah preflop I just call villain is pretty tight and our hand is dominated by a lot of his range. I am happy to play this multiway.
Old 05-18-2007, 10:59 AM

I just call preflop. You have bad position and bad relative position, plus the button is not a maniac preflop raiser and he wasn't stealing since someone limped.

Having done that I think I might be able to let it go on the flop. The action is heavy and the pot isn't that big. With the T on board you're not beating much either. However, in your case the pot is much much larger so it's harder to drop it. On the other hand the button really wants us to believe he has a good K or better, and BB apparently doesn't care. Yuck. Threebetting the flop is too much.

With the preflop pot-bloat, you probably have to show down unless it goes two bets on a big street. Ugly situation.

Guy.
Old 05-18-2007, 11:08 AM

Firstly, I don't like the preflop 3bet. Given button's meagre PFR of 12, your KJ suffers from domination... playing it out of position against what's probably gonna 2 opponents isn't a good spot. I call the button's raise and look to invite BB into the hand and play multiway.

Given that you did 3bet and button capped... with the BB donking into the button and getting raised, your hand isn't looking too good. You are getting 8:1, not even closing the action and your 5 outs to 2pr/trips are pretty dirty.

Obviously you have 2 backdoor draws that give you extra outs, but BB's play is pretty strange and he is quite aggressive so he may be looking to bet/3bet this flop with anything from 2pr, a set, or OESD. Pretty bad spot to be in...

As it stands, I think you are beat and drawing thin, so I lay this down - certainly don't 3bet. Calling two bets is an option, but you could easily get trapped and end up paying big to see showdown.