Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-18-2007, 08:31 AM

Default NL100 : Top Two With Two Villains And Big Bets

Read on UTG is he had created his big stack by staying in hands too long against worse opponents and hitting his cards on later streets ... no reads on button other than someone had said earlier "sure when he actually has a hand it's against me"

The turn flat call by button kinda sucks huh? When should I have been leading this, if ever?

I didn't raise out of the SB because I hadn't seen UTG raise preflop yet ... I wasn't expecting button to flat call preflop so I had already decided to just call ... as soon as I did that and before we saw the flop I was cursing myself for not squeezing ... screwed up from the beginning or standard?

Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, $1 BB (6 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Button ($171.10)
Hero ($123.55)
BB ($100)
UTG ($582.50)
MP ($32.50)
CO ($19.50)

Preflop: Hero is SB with K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">UTG raises to $3</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Button calls $3, Hero calls $2.50, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>.

Flop: ($10) K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets $9</font>, Button calls $9, Hero calls $9.

Turn: ($37) 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets $30</font>, Button calls $30, <font color="#CC3333">Hero ?
Old 05-18-2007, 08:44 AM

Default Re: NL100 : Top Two With Two Villains And Big Bets

i reraise preflop for sure
donking the flop also imo is better since i doubt he would bet TT+ and any A is going to call us here so i would hate to miss a street of value, but think against someone who contibets a lot c/c flop is good.
But then i would bet the turn to get value from any top pair of As and would have an ugly decision against a push from UTG but probably would fold
Old 05-18-2007, 08:45 AM

raise pf, raise flop, push turn
Old 05-18-2007, 09:07 AM

Wow you're amazingly passive, raise pf, raise flop, raise/push turn. What the hell do you put them on? 99?!
My guess is they have A9 and the other AQ/AJ, but that doesn't matter because you can be sure you're holding the best hand -&gt; gogogogo
Old 05-18-2007, 09:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]

My guess is they have A9 and the other AQ/AJ, but that doesn't matter because you can be sure you're holding the best hand -&gt; gogogogo

[/ QUOTE ]

lol?
Old 05-18-2007, 09:29 AM

3 bet pre. Raise flop. I would get it in here all day.