Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-18-2007, 07:58 AM

Default QQ - hit overset draw

Poker Stars - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $1/$2 Blinds - 5 Players - (LegoPoker HH Converter)

SB: $222.55
BB: $207.55
<font color="black">UTG: $144.95</font>
<font color="black">Hero (CO): $244.00</font>
<font color="black">BTN: $346.25</font>

<font color="black">Preflop:</font> Hero is dealt Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (5 Players)
UTG calls $2.00, <font color="red">Hero raises to $10.00</font>, BTN calls $10.00, 2 folds, UTG calls $8.00

<font color="black">Flop:</font> ($33) T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (3 Players)
UTG checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $18.00</font>, BTN calls $18.00, UTG folds

<font color="black">Turn:</font> ($69) 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (2 Players)
Hero checks, <font color="red">BTN bets $50.00</font>, Hero calls $50.00

<font color="black">River:</font> ($169) Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (2 Players)
Hero has $166 left.

Button is like 30/10 over 50 hands and i've got no reads on him. His screen name is a first name with some numbers after it, so I figure its just some aerage Joe that is slightly bad at poker, but I've haven't noticed anything stand out to think he is a maniac or anything.

On the turn i really didn't have a good plan if i bet and got raised and I didn't think I could get all streets of value out of this hand. Is it more standard to just bet bet bet to try to get called by a ten? After he bet the turn, my first instinct was to just CRAI and be done with the hand. But then I figured that was kind of silly since its really easy for him to have a flush or a set and I'm not a huge fan of stacking off 120BBs with QQ when I can avoid it.

Then I river a set. What is the best way to get the most money in and get called? Bet small/call, open shove, or CRAI? Now I have to accept the cooler if he has a flush, right?
Old 05-18-2007, 12:42 PM

Default Re: QQ - hit overset draw

Definitely bet more on the flop. I think I'd check/call the river.
Old 05-18-2007, 12:44 PM

i don't think we can b/f but I'm also not sure he bets this river enough when he's behind. can we bet/call here?
Old 05-18-2007, 12:44 PM

Check call?
Old 05-18-2007, 02:08 PM

I prefer check/call to betting because most hands that will call here will likely bet themselves. At the same time we avoid having to deal with a raise and give villain the opportunity to bluff. If villain has a flush bet/calling is most of the time more expensive than calling his value bet.
I don't like bet/fold at all.
Old 05-18-2007, 02:11 PM

I definitely bet more on the flop. That's a coordinated board, you don't want the draws to see the turn cheaply.

As played, the turn looks ok and you obviously have to call that river.

I'd bet about $100 and probably fold to a raise.
Old 05-18-2007, 02:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
His screen name is a first name with some numbers after it, so I figure its just some aerage Joe that is slightly bad at poker

[/ QUOTE ]

Please don't make any reads based on SN's. That is ridiculous. There are many pro's with first-name-#'s SN's.

As far as the hand goes, check-call river as played. Honestly I think you should have folded on the turn.
Old 05-18-2007, 02:24 PM

Bet $100 leaving you with $66 and fold to a push? How? You already have $168 committed to the pot. I push. If you didnt believe the flush on the turn then push if you do believe you shouldnt of called the turn. Cooler maybe but I think he hit trip 8s on turn or he hit is flush(str8 unlikely). Results?
Old 05-18-2007, 02:27 PM

My disclaimer:I don't play in short games all that much. One thing though, is that he is less likely to have a flush.
He is more likely to have AT,KT,88,99,77,offchance some goofy straight draw,overcards or just trying to be clever and floating you-after all he does have position and a large stack. If he has garbage than no action will really get any more $ in the pot,unless he makes big bluff,but we will diregard that action. Any T here will probably pay you off if u bet but probably not bet himself. A set or flush will bet if checked to and raise if bet into. A value bet on river is probably thin. I just like checking and calling.
Why lose whole stack to flush and why bet risking he has marginal holding and won't pay you off? Think you may be more of a favorite by checking ang calling if we can add a few bluff bets in his range.
Old 05-18-2007, 02:36 PM

A flush is more likey than a set plus we lose his possible

bluff attempts, because he knows we are pt commited if we

bet. Check/Call