Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-17-2007, 07:00 PM

Default 3/6 live: QTo in the BB

LP table and at times becomes a bit on the tighter side PF which surprised me a a bit.

UTG- loose older guy who is playing too many hands and losing
MP- weak tight guy folds to my raises a lot
CO-Older Calling station
BTN-Older guy will call down when he catches a piece of any flop, (bite size or entree')Never raised PF even with preemie hands.
SB-weak tight younger guy who isn't too good.

UTG limps, MP limps, CO Limps, BTN Limps, SB completes, Hero in the BB with Qs Tc raps.

Flop comes Th Qd 7s, SB checks, Hero bets, UTG calls, MP folds, CO calls, BTN raises, SB folds, Hero 3 bets, UTG calls, CO folds, BTN calls.

Turn comes 5d, Hero fires, UTG folds, BTN calls.

River comes a 3c, Hero bets, BTN calls.

Had kind of a rough time putting BTN on a range of hands by the way he had been playing soft on premium hands PF and. He really could of had 77, A7, Q7, QT, TT,QQ, T7, AQ etc....... I tried to narrow it down

Probably fairly standard hand but I had a tough time with hand reading on this one. Hand reading at lower limits is really hard at times because the hands that some play are so bad and the raising of good hands doesn't happen all the time PF with these stiffs.
Old 05-17-2007, 09:04 PM

Default Re: 3/6 live: QTo in the BB

nice hand.
Old 05-17-2007, 09:57 PM

Unless BTN raises your river, I don't see how it even matters that you have trouble putting him on a range. All your betting is simple continuation from your 3 bet on the flop. And if all he does it call, you have no action on which to base any evaluation.

You took the right action, continue to bet until you are raised or the hand is over. I think that is all that matters here. I'd be careful of Mr. Passive if there was an overcard on the board, but there wasn't. So full speed ahead and add to your stack.
Old 05-17-2007, 10:31 PM

Based on your read of BTN, my best guesses would center around AQ, T7, AA, or KK, all of which you beat. I find it very difficult to believe that, even on a loose/passive table, an opponent only puts one flop raise in postflop with a hand that beats top two & on such a dry board; if that was the case, silently thank him for letting you keep an extra bet or two.

Nice hand. And I fully appreciate how difficult it can be to read a bad player's ranges.
Old 05-18-2007, 01:58 AM

You've gotten the most value you can out of your hand against this opponent, and if you loose then he missed a lot of value and I would verbally thank him aftewards by saying, "Very nice had!" Well played.
Old 05-18-2007, 03:08 AM

He tabled TT. I could not believe that I bet into him the whole way and he only raised me on the flop with his set. Like several of you said, I saved a few bets with him being so passive with his big hand. I did tell him nice hand. He did a similiar kind of thing later on with AKs when he didn't raise pf, didn't bet his King he paired on the flop and just called down the whole way to win the pot. POt could have been way bigger. Oh well, bless him.
Old 05-19-2007, 04:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
He tabled TT. I could not believe that I bet into him the whole way and he only raised me on the flop with his set. Like several of you said, I saved a few bets with him being so passive with his big hand. I did tell him nice hand. He did a similiar kind of thing later on with AKs when he didn't raise pf, didn't bet his King he paired on the flop and just called down the whole way to win the pot. POt could have been way bigger. Oh well, bless him.

[/ QUOTE ]

I play against a lot of guys like this. Take a mental note - if he is in the hand at the river, watch out. Know you are probably beat and donate your one bet or get out of the way. If you're lucky they'll just check down the river...
Old 05-20-2007, 02:31 AM

I see this also but it can still throw me when someone doens't raise pf with a hand like QQ, they maybe raise the flop and call the rest of the way. Esp if you show strength on the hand or if one overcard comes up, they stay rather passive even if they hit their set. Like you said, make mental notes on them for future hands.
Old 05-21-2007, 09:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]
nice hand.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 05-21-2007, 09:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I play against a lot of guys like this. Take a mental note - if he is in the hand at the river, watch out. Know you are probably beat and donate your one bet or get out of the way. If you're lucky they'll just check down the river...

[/ QUOTE ]

villains like this also call down with bottom pair because calling is fun and EZ