Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > Tournament Circuit/WSOP
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-17-2007, 04:14 PM

Default WSOP housing search...?

At the risk of turning the forum into a Craig's List clone, I'm looking for somewhere to stay in Vegas during the WSOP...i might be out there as early as June 1st (for the first event), and DEF going to be there for the main event. I'm sure there must be some empty bedrooms or others looking to share something out there...PM me if you've got anything I might be interested in.

(perhaps we can just create a single "Official WSOP Housing Thread -- like the Zoo's person-to-person transfer thread -- where all related Q's can be sequestered)
Old 05-17-2007, 04:28 PM

Default Re: WSOP housing search...?

I found something really nice on Craigslist. Still some awesome temporary rooms/condos/apartments on there for cheap.
Old 05-17-2007, 04:37 PM

I know a guy who knows a guy. That guy knows another guy named Ray who has a nice 5 bedroom house he's renting out to poker players for $150/week including utils. His name is Ray (final tabled a mirage prelim the other day). He gave me two numbers for their business: 702-250-6923 and 702-250-6973.
Old 05-17-2007, 07:26 PM

I was in Tuncia and a guy said he got an apt across from UNLV (I have no clue how close that is to the strip) for $650 for the month.
Old 05-17-2007, 07:58 PM

hi teddy i pretty much have the same plan as you do arrive early june and stay til the main event. I seem to have a tighter budget than most people who are renting/getting places though. I'd be looking for somewhere that would be between $150-200 a week. I looked on craigslist and there seemed to be a lot available but i couldnt work out whether the prices were per person or per week/month. I'm from england so i dont know what the states customs are for things like that. Also, i'd prefer to be staying with other poker players rather than random people who work and live in vegas.

The guy who rents out a place to 5 poker players for 150 a week sounds perfect, anyone else wanna chip in together for this place. Jsmith i dont suppose you know if there are any pics or anything available?
Old 05-17-2007, 10:04 PM

The prices on craigslist vary wildly between per week and per month. Check out the full listing for context and call if you're still not sure.
Old 05-21-2007, 12:10 AM

bump to get some new eyes on this...
Old 05-30-2007, 07:15 AM

I checked craigslist and never found anything that really appealed to me. I'll be there tonight
till after the main event.

For the time being I'm just gonna stay at Hooters until something materializes.

Rooming w/ local NON poker players == weirds me out. Gonna check CL again now.