Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Full Ring
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-16-2007, 07:11 PM

Default NL 10 - KK in SB.

Do you bet this flop? I figure if I bet and he has the Ace, he calls and I don't know where I stand.

I don't think villain does this on the flop without an Ace, at 10NL. Any thoughts?

Absolute Poker
No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $0.05/$0.10
5 players
Converter

Stack sizes:
UTG: $14.75
CO: $4.45
Button: $23.65
Hero: $10
BB: $9.45

Pre-flop: (5 players) Hero is SB with K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
UTG calls, 2 folds, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to $0.4</font>, BB calls, UTG calls.

Flop: 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] ($1.2, 3 players)
Hero checks, <font color="#cc0000">BB bets $0.5</font>, UTG folds, Hero ?
Old 05-16-2007, 07:23 PM

Default Re: NL 10 - KK in SB.

Just cbet the flop makes it much eaasier to play postflop...
Old 05-16-2007, 07:26 PM

If you bet and he checks you don't really know where you stand. I think you can just lead out for 3/4 the pot and give up unless a K or spade comes on the turn.
Old 05-16-2007, 08:35 PM

if the game is fairly standard, fold.

what r these micro limits like? r they wild? standard? clue me in guys.
Old 05-16-2007, 08:36 PM

If you wanna find out where you are, as played c/r the Flop. Then you'll know = )

But I think its easier to cbet the Flop since you are the aggressor PF.
Old 05-16-2007, 08:45 PM

What about re-raising $1? Unless i hold the two spades i bet alot more then under 50% of the pot on that flop with 2 still in it.
Old 05-16-2007, 09:03 PM

I don't understand the value in betting A high flops with KK OOP. We fold out every hand we beat and get called by every hand that beat us. In the case of particularly tricky villians, we might even get floated and bet off the turn.

Our hand plays like A2. If I thought BB could be betting a flush draw here then I call and C/F the turn. If not, then I just C/F the flop.
Old 05-16-2007, 09:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't understand the value in betting A high flops with KK OOP. We fold out every hand we beat and get called by every hand that beat us. In the case of particularly tricky villians, we might even get floated and bet off the turn.

Our hand plays like A2. If I thought BB could be betting a flush draw here then I call and C/F the turn. If not, then I just C/F the flop.

[/ QUOTE ]
If you check with KK here then you also have to check here when you have an A and we would then lose value. It also protects your hand when you are ahead.

I don't mind betting here and just taking down the pot.
Old 05-16-2007, 10:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If you check with KK here then you also have to check here when you have an A and we would then lose value.

[/ QUOTE ]I don't agree that you have to check an A here if you check your KK. At best it's a tiny bit exploitable to not bet the KK and to bet the A- but I don't think many players at NL10 are going to be exploiting that.
Old 05-16-2007, 10:14 PM

There was a great thread about playing KK on A-high flops a few weeks ago. I don't really feel like looking for it now though.

Jeff, I agree with alot of what you are saying. But I think it would be better to check if we were IP. Being OOP makes me more inclined to want to take down the pot now. If we were IP I think a check is usually correct. Maybe it is correct here too but I'm not quite sure.

Raist, I'm not sure why you said we lose value by checking an A on an A-high flop? Obv. I wouldn't on a draw-heavy board, but sometimes I do to mix up my play. I usually do it against someone that doesn't float often but might be suspicious of my flop check and bet out turn or at least call a turn bet. Would be interested to hear your thoughts on this.