Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-18-2006, 08:56 PM

Default What Party owes its players. ATTN: Party Managers

I honestly don't know where to start with this.

I and many others are sickened and outraged that an oversight like the image deletion problem could happen. I have been working with computers for over 15 years and a professional software developer for half of them. I have never seen anything like this from any piece of software. I am including shareware, freeware and sadly viruses.

I think what sickens me the most is Party's complete ignorance and disregard for this problem. Their total lack of acceptance of their own mistake is reprehensible. All of party's resources and programmers should be working on fixing this problem, providing documentation of exactly what happened (similar to a company such as Microsoft patching OS security holes) and providing end user technical support.

I fortunately did not experience the bug. I have never been so glad I took a few days off from poker. I honestly feel so terrible for everyone that this happened to, especially to people who are novice computer users. I think party in a commercial said "if you can email you can play poker at party poker". Tell that to the end users now.

Now on to what party owes its players.

First party, of course, needs to repair the software and ensure that this never happens again.

It seems that this step has happened or is in progress. Though I must say I am sick to think that if I uninstall it may still happen to me.

Next and most importantly, Party must provide details of exactly what happened on the technical end and for how long, I read the post by UATrewqaz http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/sh...Number=4780655 about what he thinks happened and agree fully with him.

Party should include details such as, but not limited to, which users were affected, what software file (filenames, filesize, creation date etc.) damaged the files.

Provide the exact date and time the problem was corrected. So users will know that if they installed the update after that time they will not be affected.

Honestly, it is mind boggling that any programmer would ever use wildcards ie (*.jpg,*.wav) when deleting any files off an end user's machine. Issues with paths of working directories happen all the time.

Party knows every file it installs on your computer and simply needs to reference the deleted files by its absolute path ie (delete C:\PARTYINSTALLDIRECORY\images\table.jpg) Therefore, if somehow the working directory is unknown or incorrect no file is deleted from the user's machine. The only words I feel that describe this situation also describe party. Laziness and ignorance.

I look forward to Party's response. or lack there of, to my suggestions.

lucydeucy