Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-16-2007, 09:10 AM

Default Full Tilt players

Anybody here play on full tilt poker, i would love to round up some ppl and possibly play a table together. I think it might be helpful comparing hands and going over some of our mistakes. If your interested let me kno
Old 05-16-2007, 09:23 AM

Default Re: Full Tilt players

I doubt that this request will be met, but you should really get involved in the forums either nl or limit, and look over all of the hand histories. lots of discussion on 100's of hands.
Old 05-16-2007, 09:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Anybody here play on full tilt poker, i would love to round up some ppl and possibly play a table together. I think it might be helpful comparing hands and going over some of our mistakes. If your interested let me kno

[/ QUOTE ]

We used to have 2+2 tables on a fairly regular basis in the small stakes limit forum. The "problem" (some didn't consider it as such) was that these games almost always degenerated into donkfests at some point, the kind where jack high actually became a hand with unimproved showdown potential & any pair was worth a river cap. We tried bumping the stakes as high as 3/6 but it still kept happening. I suspect because we're all degenerate gamblers at heart.

If you did want to get a 2+2 table together, the place to start would be in the corresponding poker strategy forum. I.E., Micro Stakes NL for a .05/.10 NL table, Small Stakes Limit for a 2/4 LHE table, etc.

They also routinely run 2+2 only tournaments; there's a cross-post about it on the front page here. But those are held on PokerStars.
Old 05-16-2007, 09:47 AM

2+2 tables are fun. I have often played in tables that join up spontaneously in the micro limit forum. I don't think they are what you have in mind though since as Harv sez. No content but lots of comraderie.
Old 05-16-2007, 10:37 AM

ok, thanks for the info. I thought id give it a shot. Side question like i said, i play on fulltilt. Would you guys recommend playing on various cites at one time, or just sticking to one?
Old 05-16-2007, 10:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Would you guys recommend playing on various cites at one time, or just sticking to one?

[/ QUOTE ]

Play where you make the most money.... sounds simple right? For me (US based), FTP with rakeback is pretty good.
Old 05-16-2007, 12:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
ok, thanks for the info. I thought id give it a shot. Side question like i said, i play on fulltilt. Would you guys recommend playing on various cites at one time, or just sticking to one?

[/ QUOTE ]

Depends on the game as well. I play primarily FT (mainly due to rakeback), but often play Poker Stars as well b/c they have more non-HE games going.

I'd always recommend playing multiple rooms if you're diligent enough to keep notes on who the bad players are. The more profitable game may just be on another site.