Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-18-2006, 07:45 PM

Default Open Letter To Party Poker

Your software has screwed up many of your best customers by having your program delete images on the whole drive. How can any company let this happen?

It's hard to imagine the scenario where this wasn't vetted out beforehand, or the scenario where it was thought of to be a good thing to be put inside in the first place.

There are many here who want damages paid and rightly so. You have screwed them in the worst way you possibly could, you have taken their time, aggravated them and destroyed forever many images that are deeply personally important.

Considering the reputation of your customer service I doubt very much this will be responded to.

However, this will not be in your best interests. There are many who are fed up with your company. Not just people on this site. They WILL make you pay in the following ways.

1) When they see the "Updates" message upon starting the program many will shut down your software and check this forum first to see if any one else is having problems. This process may last a couple of days. Better to be safe than oh so very sorry. There are many options for online poker, you'll just have to get to the back of the line while we sort out whether your software is worth the risk. It IS a VERY big risk. You will miss out on our rake during this time.

2) There are people right now searching the internet for an answer to their problems. Novices, people who have never played another online site or heard about this or other forums.

Mostly people will be looking to find others who have the same problem and they know the best way to do this is to look for message boards. When they do this they are going to learn a few things. When they do a search what do you think they're gonna do when:

A) They find out your customer service is lying and Party Poker Software is the cause of their problems.

B) There are other more reputable poker sites without damaging software and they can get rakeback and bonuses and all sorts of goodies. With plenty of people willing to guide their way for a cut. They will also find out every single one of them has far better customer support. Support that doesn't lie to them.

3) Your advertising budget just went up to make up for the lost revenue. You will have to recruit new customers to make up for the ones you just lost at a time when it is getting more and more competitive between sites.

You have screwed yourselves good with this hurtful update. Many will never forgive or forget and will actively look for other opportunities in online poker.

You need to get on some of these sites and do some damage control. This means compensating those affected. This means getting online and actually answering questions and addressing problems.
Old 02-18-2006, 07:49 PM

Default Re: Open Letter To Party Poker

this letter will end up in the garbage after they read the 1st paragraph.
Old 02-18-2006, 07:51 PM

You contributed what by saying this? Whose side are you on?
Old 02-18-2006, 07:52 PM

amen.

and now the client is freezing all over the place for me...anyone else having that problem? Sucks to be involved in a bunch of big hands, and then see "establishing a connection" appear on 8 screens [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

-grant
Old 02-18-2006, 07:53 PM

I read like two sentences of that, and I don't even work for them.
Old 02-18-2006, 07:55 PM

They never read or do anything about problems anyway, so what else is new Captain Obvious?
Old 02-18-2006, 07:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
this letter will end up in the garbage after they read the 1st sentence.

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP.
Old 02-18-2006, 08:01 PM

I wholeheartedly agree count. This party mistake is literally sickening to me. It sickens me more that I cannot totally boycott their site because it provides me my livelihood.
Old 02-18-2006, 10:37 PM

Stop playing there.
Move elsewhere.
I did.