Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-15-2007, 02:37 PM

Default Help with best line to take - nut flush draw on flop

<font color="black">Reads: </font><font color="blue">No reads on either player.

I'm trying to learn and and am curious - what is a standard line to take on this flop with this draw? I figure that the preflop raiser will fire a c-bet....is it better to lead out, check raise, call, etc??</font>

Poker Stars - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.10/$0.25 Blinds - 5 Players - (LegoPoker HH Converter)

SB: $12.50
<font color="black">Hero (BB): $30.55</font>
UTG: $24.75
CO: $26.70
BTN: $17.50

<font color="black">Preflop:</font> Hero is dealt 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (5 Players)
UTG folds, <font color="red">CO raises to $1.00</font>, BTN calls $1.00, SB folds, Hero calls $0.75

<font color="black">Flop:</font> ($3.10) 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (3 Players)
Hero????
Old 05-15-2007, 02:54 PM

Default Re: Help with best line to take - nut flush draw on flop

First, I would honestly consdider 3 betting this PF or folding instead of the call. Obvs, that may be a little aggro or weak for your taste but it sure would have made this hand easier to play.

Second, I feel like the check call on a two flush board sends alarms to everyone that you are on the flush draw. So if you hit you are likely to not get paid off much. As played, with two players to act, I like a check on this flop and see what opps do. If CO bets and btn calls, i call. If CO bets close to pot and BTN folds then im probably folding. Being OOP w a draw blows.
Old 05-15-2007, 02:58 PM

Default Re: Help with best line to take - nut flush draw on flop

If you bet flop here you risk the CO raising, eliminating button, and pricing you out on your draw, so I like a check on the flop. If CO bets, and button calls, I would probably call here, but if CO bets and button folds, I check-raise here. I would probably CR if CO checked and button bet, but that is a little more dependent on the information I have on the button.