Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-15-2007, 11:44 AM

Default verizon wireless phones

so i got this phone on the recommendation from OOT like 2 years ago:

it was supposed to be a technological badass.

well verizon sucks, and disabled the cool features, so you have to pay for all sorts of [censored], like uploading downloading [censored]. the bluetooth feature only worked on the stupid ear piece. and it's really big and bulky. i gave up on finding a data cable that worked for it.

so i'm contemplating a new phone, since my 2 year discount is coming up. i've looked at all the phones, and they either look kinda cheap and flimsy (chocolate phones) or they all look the same to me. i'm clueless.

so help me out, which one's the most balla from verizon. i'm assuming the RAZR is played out (this was the phone i was talked out of getting in favor of the E815)

i don't want any of the blackberry or keyboard phones. just something cool, with maybe a camera, that's small, and has any other cool features. i also don't want to spend a bung load.

also for verizon users. do their bluetooth phones, still have this [censored] disabled? do any connect up to the computer?

or

should i just get a different service? is it a bitch to swith your number to a new service provider's phone?

thx in advance
Old 05-15-2007, 12:23 PM

Default Re: verizon wireless phones

try the LG8600
Old 05-15-2007, 12:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
try the LG8600

[/ QUOTE ]

do you have this for verizon? does the bluetooth actually work on the phone?
Old 05-15-2007, 01:07 PM

Samsung SCH-u740 Black
Old 05-15-2007, 01:34 PM

krzr

I have the env and love it, and the samsung keyboard phone is nice as well. if you txt a lot these phones >>>>>>>> other phones.

(besides Treos/blackberyys/blackjack/Q/etc)
Old 05-15-2007, 01:37 PM

op,

i have that phone too. i haven't looked very hard for ways to fix the bluetooth crippling and such, and have really only found one utility i like for it. i hope someone chimes in with better news because well, i wish my phone did more. the only thing i like for the phone is the free phone book backup utility that verizon now has which also lets you edit phone book online. it has a few bugs though. =(

if you've got tivo, verizon now has a tivo connection program, which is cool, and there's some other "good" applications i don't have use of out there. meh.
Old 05-15-2007, 01:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
try the LG8600

[/ QUOTE ]

Just got this phone last week. Can't verify anything about the bluetooth aspects of it since I refuse to get one of those little ear thingies. It's about the same size as the RAZR, battery life is listed as being longer than the RAZR, plus it's oh so sexy.

Old 05-15-2007, 01:44 PM

I still haven't figured out what I would want to use bluetooth for.

I guess the wireless heaphone thing is ok.

but my env has a microsd slot, so moving information like Mp3's, ringtones, etc from my pc to my phone is easier done via the card than via bluetooth. or maybe it's equally as easy, I dunno, but I don't see what you need bluetooth for.

I started a thread about bluetooth a while back, and there was basically 1 feature (besides the headset, which I personally find annoying) that I would conceivably want - the ability to get on the internet anywhere my phone has a signal.
Old 05-15-2007, 01:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]

but my env has a microsd slot, so moving information like Mp3's, ringtones, etc from my pc to my phone is easier done via the card than via bluetooth. or maybe it's equally as easy, I dunno, but I don't see what you need bluetooth for.

I started a thread about bluetooth a while back, and there was basically 1 feature (besides the headset, which I personally find annoying) that I would conceivably want - the ability to get on the internet anywhere my phone has a signal.

[/ QUOTE ]

file transfering to/from my computer and sync'ing contacts and datebooks.
Old 05-15-2007, 01:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

file transfering to/from my computer and sync'ing contacts and datebooks.

[/ QUOTE ]

for transferring files, I use microsd. I haven't transferred contacts and datebooks to my personal phone in a long time

(I have a blackjack as a work phone, which automatically synchs email and contacts and appointment, but it doesn't use bluetooth to do so)