Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-15-2007, 02:43 AM

Default 2/4 Hands (Probably Standard/Bad)

Again, I'm new to cash games, so a lot of standard situations for most are new to me, so I apologize if any of these are redudant or have been done before.

Villain here is a standard tag. What I was wondering was, this flop texture is awful for a c-bet as a ton of hands can call/raise but does that the fact that it's HU and a blind vs. blind hand make it ok to bet here? Thoughts on your standard line in this spot would be appreciated.

MP ($382)
Button ($473.50)
Hero ($1536.60)
BB ($401.30)
UTG ($534.35)

Preflop: Hero is SB with 6s, 6c.
3 folds, Hero raises to $16, BB calls $12.

Flop: ($32) 8c, Kd, Qd (2 players)
Hero bets $24, BB raises to $92, Hero folds.

I feel like villain's range here isn't ultra tight, but I doubt he is shoving rags or worse than 77. This is probably a bad call, thoughts?

MP ($467.90)
CO ($386)
Button ($606.45)
SB ($372)
Hero ($400)
UTG ($388.30)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 9c, 9d.
2 folds, CO raises to $16, 2 folds, Hero raises to $52, CO raises to $386, Hero calls $334.

Villain in this hand seems to play pretty well, I took a big pot off him already I believe, but we have almost no history. Thoughts on ALL streets would be appreciated as well as suggestions for how to get the money in on the turn.

CO ($113.70)
Button ($398)
SB ($433.90)
Hero ($522.50)
UTG ($674.20)
MP ($431.80)

Preflop: Hero is BB with Jc, Js.
2 folds, CO raises to $16, Button raises to $36, 1 fold, Hero calls $32, CO calls $20.

Flop: ($110) 9s, Jh, Td (3 players)
Hero checks, CO checks, Button checks.

Turn: ($110) Th (3 players)
Hero checks, CO bets $77.7 (All-In), Button calls $77.70, Hero raises to $486.5,

Ok, now this whole hand feels like a trainwreck. I am pretty laggy, so villain is definitely 3 betting me and two barrelling me pretty light. However, I'm pretty sure this is still awful and complete spew, flame away.

MP ($222.50)
Button ($631.60)
SB ($480.25)
BB ($317.85)
Hero ($876.70)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with Qh, Kh.
Hero raises to $14, 1 fold, Button raises to $52, 2 folds, Hero calls $38.

Flop: ($110) 8s, Qc, 6c (2 players)
Hero checks, Button bets $76, Hero calls $76.

Turn: ($262) Td (2 players)
Hero checks, Button bets $180, Hero raises to $628,

Villain is tilty nit, who is spewing a decent amount. I usually bet here vs. thinking players as I can't be that exploitable but I feel like he is folding way too many hands on this flop if he misses, so I try to let him catch up a little. Again, thoughts on all streets would be nice.

SB ($218.50)
BB ($1413.20)
UTG ($400)
MP ($311.85)
Hero ($404)

Preflop: Hero is Button with As, Ad.
UTG calls $4, 1 fold, Hero raises to $16, 2 folds, UTG calls $12.

Flop: ($38) 9s, Ac, Th (2 players)
UTG checks, Hero checks.

Turn: ($38) 8c (2 players)
UTG bets $15, Hero raises to $56, UTG calls $41.

River: ($150) Qh (2 players)
UTG bets $130, Hero folds.

If any of this isn't formatted right, or you have suggestions to get better responses, just let me know. Also, I'm GrinderMJ on stars so if you have played with me and noticed any major leaks, I'm pretty open to criticism. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 05-15-2007, 03:33 AM

Default Re: 2/4 Hands (Probably Standard/Bad)

bump
Old 05-15-2007, 04:49 AM

I havent done this in a long time (help people) but consider it your lucky jew gold day:

hand 1: This is fine and pretty normal.
hand 2: Yes, this is a bad call. You are either flipping a coin as a small favourite, or a huge underdog. Youre a dog enough that a fold is good.
hand 3: I would just bet turn unless you knew the shorty badly wanted to get his money in. Youve got top set so there isnt a lot he can have besides trips... in which case it gets in anyways. The button probably has like AQ and isnt calling you. If you were extra smart, you could make an extra small raise to trap aq for some value and maybe give him a chance to donk around a bit or catch some outs that cost him his stack.
hand 4: If you are SURE hes 3betting you and 2barreling you light like you say, then this is actually fine.
hand 5: This is fine. If hes a tilty nit and aggressive you might wanna call river, depending on what kind of tilt. Thats despite his hand being fairly face up as jack-x.

Overall you seem to show minor preflop leaks though
Old 05-15-2007, 04:59 AM

ugh i had a lot of crap written out and then my computer crashed, thank god someone else wrote something.

1-3 i agree basically
4 i hate. your raise is completely senseless since worse folds and better calls. i'd usually fold the turn and def. fold the river if he bets it. i'd usually fold pre as well, but i might call sometimes if he WAS 3betting me light, not if i "thought" he was 3betting me light because i am lag.

bet flop in 5, fold river
Old 05-15-2007, 06:52 AM

Im just SOMEONE ELSE?

no

not in my town

in this town

I

AM

OVAFLOAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAATAAAAAAAAA
Old 05-15-2007, 02:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I havent done this in a long time (help people) but consider it your lucky jew gold day:

hand 1: This is fine and pretty normal.
hand 2: Yes, this is a bad call. You are either flipping a coin as a small favourite, or a huge underdog. Youre a dog enough that a fold is good.
hand 3: I would just bet turn unless you knew the shorty badly wanted to get his money in. Youve got top set so there isnt a lot he can have besides trips... in which case it gets in anyways. The button probably has like AQ and isnt calling you. If you were extra smart, you could make an extra small raise to trap aq for some value and maybe give him a chance to donk around a bit or catch some outs that cost him his stack.
hand 4: If you are SURE hes 3betting you and 2barreling you light like you say, then this is actually fine.
hand 5: This is fine. If hes a tilty nit and aggressive you might wanna call river, depending on what kind of tilt. Thats despite his hand being fairly face up as jack-x.

Overall you seem to show minor preflop leaks though

[/ QUOTE ]

Ya, you are most likely right, do you mind elaborating a little?
Old 05-15-2007, 02:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]

4 i hate. your raise is completely senseless since worse folds and better calls. i'd usually fold the turn and def. fold the river if he bets it. i'd usually fold pre as well, but i might call sometimes if he WAS 3betting me light, not if i "thought" he was 3betting me light because i am lag.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don'T agree... if you decide that he's playing back at you light and pick KQ to play back, then you have no choice then to go for it when you flop TP. You may not want to push turn, but you can't fold. It's one of those hands where calling down villain (who 2 barrels a lot at you) is just fine.
Old 05-15-2007, 02:46 PM

hand 1: standard vs a tag player... i might be hesitant to cbet if he was lag or floated a lot as that looks like a good flop to float someone but vs a standard tag gotta cbet this as that flop hits a lot of hands in your range

hand 2: doesn't seem like you're getting anywhere close to the type of odds you need to make this call profitable... looks like spew to me.

hand 3: lead the flop as that is a board that hits a LOT of hands and if it didnt hit your opponent you're probably not getting anything anyway unless they hit a garbage one card straight... if you don't lead flop, lead turn... if you don't lead turn i would probably just smoooth call as it's going to be very hard to get action from anything as you have to have a T at the bare minimum and often significantly better. i might make a small raise on turn to price a bad player's pair+straight draw in.

hand 4: i might find a fold preflop, but if you think your image is loose and people are three betting light then call is fine... once he bets strong on the turn i think it's a pretty easy fold - what do you put him on??? he's pot controlling with one pair and you guys are deep so he would hate to get c-r with a draw, i think he is strong here and folds to your turn c-r like 20% or maybe even significantly less of the time.

hand 5: if he's tilting and spewing bet the flop - that flop hits a ton of hands and you are going to get a lot of action, not to mention how transparent it is when you check behind on flop and then try to build a huge pot on the turn/river. i see no reason to slowplay this given your description of villain.
Old 05-15-2007, 03:18 PM

in future bet when your flop a set!!!!
Old 05-15-2007, 07:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
in future bet when your flop a set!!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

No set, no bet?