Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-15-2007, 01:27 AM

Default 99 over pair, does anyone call this?

Full Tilt Poker - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.05/$0.10 Blinds - 6 Players - (LegoPoker HH Converter)

SB: $7.50
BB: $8.20
UTG: $3.65
MP: $16.90
CO: $4.70
<font color="black">Hero (BTN): $9.70</font>

<font color="black">Preflop:</font> Hero is dealt 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (6 Players)
UTG folds, MP calls $0.10, CO folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $0.45</font>, 2 folds, MP calls $0.35
Uncalled bet of $0.00 returned to Hero

<font color="black">Flop:</font> ($1.05) 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (2 Players)
MP checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $1.05</font>, <font color="red">MP raises all-in to $16.45</font>, Hero ??

Ok I would just like to say that I'am definintly brutal, if you would like to bring that up in the responses thats fine.. just add something meaningful as well. I thought maybe a set but do many 10nl players push all in? I would think most of the time they would slow play. I was thinking flush draw/straight draw flush+pair type hand. Am i just way off here or what?
Old 05-15-2007, 01:41 AM

Default Re: 99 over pair, does anyone call this?

I don't think so, but any call you make will be very marginal because you are flipping when ahead and crushed when behind, so the ratio of ahead to behind has to be pretty overwhelming.
Old 05-15-2007, 01:50 AM

well I play 10NL and this is a sticky situation. I would say fold because one of the biggest things I notice about this level is when they push allin they have a great hand, but they call allin's with very speculative hands. I even have this written on my monitor because I notice it happens so much.
Old 05-15-2007, 02:41 AM

You haven't committed too much to the pot so I could fold this one and wait for a better spot if he's a maniac.
Old 05-15-2007, 03:00 AM

fold. looks like some kind of combo draw like you said, which your a slight dog too. I haven't played $10NL in a while, but occasionally I've seen people do this w/ hands like AJ. but with this huge overbet, folding is the other option. every time I've made a call in a spot like this I've regretted it.
Old 05-15-2007, 12:09 PM

As weak as it is to fold overpairs, I think I fold this. As was already stated...10NL players shove hard with a big hand. You are risking $8.20 to win $9.25 and I do not think we are getting anywhere near those odds with his push.