Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-14-2007, 09:32 PM

Default Four-Handed 5-10 Turn Play

Four handed 5-10 in AC. Folded to me in the SB and I make it 40 with JJ (I have about 1300). BB calls (seems decent, has a bit of an aggro streak but not too over the top; can make a move). He has like 1200.

Flop comes Q-3-4 rainbow. I bet out 100 - he calls pretty quickly. The turn comes an offsuit 7. I check, he bets 300. I folded. Thoughts? Anyone play flop or turn differently? What types of players would you approach differently with this hand?

Thanks,
Jeff
Old 05-14-2007, 09:56 PM

Default Re: Four-Handed 5-10 Turn Play

I'd call turn and c what he does on the river, especially if he calls the flop quickly
Old 05-14-2007, 10:00 PM

100 is too much on such a dry flop. 60 is a much better bet, then check calling the turn doesnt become so expensive. As played i think i call turn and check river, prob fold.
Old 05-15-2007, 04:20 PM

I don't really mind your play too much.

After you bet $100 on the flop, you should plan on just giving up. A large bet like that should do a lot to define his range as a Q or better most of the time, and prevents you from making tough decisions on later streets. It wouldn't be my default, though.

As far as other lines, You could either come with a much smaller bet on the flop (Say $50 or $60), and then you have the option of c/cing the turn and probably c/deciding on the river, maybe a block bet sometimes, or you can bet the turn (smallish again) $130 or so, maybe, and then c/probably folding the river.

OR, you could check the flop, and try to pick off bluffs the whole way down. This line is often the most +EV if you can play perfectly, but it also puts you in a lot of tough spots, and makes playing perfectly pretty hard.

All that said, I'd probably bet $60 on the flop and take it from there.
Old 05-15-2007, 05:03 PM

I dont like your line at all, inconsistent and representing weakness. Either c/c both flop and turn or c-bet flop and fire 2nd barrel on turn to find out more, if you check u just gave the hand away