Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-14-2007, 07:41 PM

Default A learning experiment

This is just an idea that I'm throwing out there. My hope is that it will serve to improve your post-flop skills by eliminating preflop. Here's the general gist:

100% VP$IP preflop, preferably at a level you'd feel comfortable losing a dollar or two... possibly 0.05/0.10 or lower. Raise your normal hands, but limp the rest. Really think about how to play all the crap you flop. Try really hard to put your opponent on a range. Does your pair of 4's have a chance? What are the odds your pair 4's hold up against AK ui on the flop? Board texture good enough to continue or bad enough that it's not worth it? You will be forced with hard decisions post-flop... if you think about it hard enough, you will hopefully get better.

Post your difficult hands, preferably in this thread.

Also, I was thinking that getting multiples of you on one table might not be the greatest thing for this exercise... but I could be wrong.

Just a suggestion... so let us gogogoogo. I'm gonna try it right now Elecktra 4 PS 0.05/0.10. IM me at Lengzhai if you want to sweat me doing this.
Old 05-14-2007, 07:46 PM

Default Re: A learning experiment

What about cold-calling? Allowed or mandatory?
Old 05-14-2007, 07:49 PM

I think you will also have to do this at a level where your opponents arn't likely to react to your 100VPIP by constantly iso-raising you.
Old 05-14-2007, 07:52 PM

Oh, and this one just out of curiosity: Maybe if enough ppl actually try this (I will, but not today), we get a decent enough sample of hands to figure out how big of a loser you actually wind up to be when you limp every hand.
Old 05-14-2007, 08:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Oh, and this one just out of curiosity: Maybe if enough ppl actually try this (I will, but not today), we get a decent enough sample of hands to figure out how big of a loser you actually wind up to be when you limp every hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

currently up ~5bb after three orbits...of course it helps to flop a joint on the first hand [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

-J
Old 05-14-2007, 08:50 PM

Matt - I thought this was how you played normally anyway [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
Old 05-14-2007, 09:03 PM

Only in no-limit [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] Glad to see you trollin micros again House!!
Old 05-14-2007, 09:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Matt - I thought this was how you played normally anyway [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, looky what crawled out from under a rock and started mouthing off. [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img][img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
Old 05-14-2007, 09:14 PM

this reminds me of the challenge set by Gildwulf a while back.

gl with it, should be a bit of fun, esp ur opps reactions to you playing everything! Please post any interesting chat!
Old 05-14-2007, 09:38 PM

and look who's ALWAYS here to slap down the wise guys - [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]