Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid-High Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-14-2007, 11:27 AM

Default Handreading is overrated (LC)

Villain is 42/15, and not too crazy postflop.

Party Poker 15/30 Hold'em (6 handed) Hand History converter Courtesy of PokerZion.com

Preflop: Hero is UTG with K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, Hero calls.

Flop: (7.66 SB) K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, CO calls.

Turn: (5.83 BB) J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, CO calls.

River: (7.83 BB) A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO caps</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 15.83 BB
Old 05-14-2007, 11:46 AM

Default Re: Handreading is overrated (LC)

umm, standard? What's your question? Say high to AA or QT if you're lucky.
Old 05-14-2007, 11:54 AM

DDY i think you missed the (LC)
Old 05-14-2007, 11:56 AM

Actually the LC was because, I was already pretty sure, I played this bad. You guys think this river 3-bet is standard?
Old 05-14-2007, 12:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Actually the LC was because, I was already pretty sure, I played this bad. You guys think this river 3-bet is standard?

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't see where you played it bad. If he has Aces and called your ck/raise on the Flop, he might very well have just called you down if you bet out on the Flop and subsequent streets.
Then again, he may have called the Flop and raise the Turn when you bet and laid it down to a raise, winning you the Pot, when he felt comfortable that you actually had a King.
However, what are those chances?
Old 05-16-2007, 12:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]
You guys think this river 3-bet is standard?

[/ QUOTE ]

Given the description of your opponent I am 3betting this river 0% of the time. So if 3betting this river is standard then theres either something I'm missing or most of the posters in this thread are on drugs. Against a rational opponent you are not even close to a 2-1 favorite once raised on the river, which is why you shouldnt 3bet.

PS: Drugs are bad.
Old 05-16-2007, 07:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
You guys think this river 3-bet is standard?

[/ QUOTE ]

Given the description of your opponent I am 3betting this river 0% of the time. So if 3betting this river is standard then theres either something I'm missing or most of the posters in this thread are on drugs. Against a rational opponent you are not even close to a 2-1 favorite once raised on the river, which is why you shouldnt 3bet.

PS: Drugs are bad.

[/ QUOTE ]

ILP I don't think that anyone in this thread is advocating a river 3-bet. People are reacting negatively to the poster that advised 3-betting and folding to a cap.

I wouldn't 3-bet this river against a sane opponent either, but if I did 3-bet then I certainly wouldn't fold to a cap in this big of a pot.
Old 05-14-2007, 06:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

At first I read this as "Say high [sic] to (AA or QT) if you're lukcy" but now I realize DDY meant "Say high [sic] to AA or (QT if you're lucky)."

Hope my confusion with respect to the logical operator "or" is sufficiently low content for this thread.
Old 05-15-2007, 06:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

At first I read this as "Say high [sic] to (AA or QT) if you're lukcy" but now I realize DDY meant "Say high [sic] to AA or (QT if you're lucky)."

Hope my confusion with respect to the logical operator "or" is sufficiently low content for this thread.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have to disagree. I think it's:

"Say high [sic] to AA (or QT if you're lucky)."

or

"Say high [sic] to AA, or QT if you're lucky."
Old 05-14-2007, 01:50 PM

Played it bad? You really can't waste any time worrying about whether you put too much action in with this beast of a hand. Just not worth your time.