Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-14-2007, 06:46 AM

Default Anyone in the mood for some trivia?

Please don't look up the answers and post. I'll give hints and eventually give the correct answers within a day or two. Its going to be all football and basketball from me, but if someone else wants to post some for other sports then feel free.

1. Who is the only QB in NFL history to hold the record for "highest QB rating in franchise history" for two teams(minimum 16 games played AND 500 pass attempts)?

2. Four current NBA players are in the top 10 for career 3pt FG%. Name them.

3. From 1986-87 to 2005-06 Hakeem Olajuwon, Shaquille O Neal, David Robinson, and Patrick Ewing were the only players elected as the center of the All NBA First Team except for one year. Which year was someone else elcted and who was it?

4. From 1990 to 1997 either Barry Sanders or Emmitt Smith led the NFL in rushing yards every year. Who led the league in rushing yards in 1989?

5. There have been five NFL playoff games since 1990 where the home team had a worse record than the road team. Name them.

6. Eight NFL teams have won 14 games in the regular season and not reached the Super Bowl. Name them.

7. Who is the only white player to ever win NBA Defensive Player of the year?

8. I was NBA Rookie of the Year. I have been to the playoffs 5 times, but I have only won 2 playoff games. I am in the top 30 in career 3pt FG%. Who am I?

9. Name the 4 current NBA players that played at the University of Alabama.

10. Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University has produced 10 NBA players. Name one of them.
Old 05-14-2007, 06:49 AM

Default Re: Anyone in the mood for some trivia?

Actually going to bed now, but I should be up sometime around 3 or 4 PM. I'll give hints and tell people which of their guesses are correct then.
Old 05-14-2007, 07:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]

1. Who is the only QB in NFL history to hold the record for "highest QB rating in franchise history" for two teams(minimum 16 games played AND 500 pass attempts)?

[/ QUOTE ]

Kurt Warner

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Brent Barry
Steve Nash
Dirk
???

[ QUOTE ]
3. From 1986-87 to 2005-06 Hakeem Olajuwon, Shaquille O Neal, David Robinson, and Patrick Ewing were the only players elected as the center of the All NBA First Team except for one year. Which year was someone else elcted and who was it?

[/ QUOTE ]

Mourning probably, maybe Mutombo, but probably not since he couldn't score. No idea what year.

[ QUOTE ]
4. From 1990 to 1997 either Barry Sanders or Emmitt Smith led the NFL in rushing yards every year. Who led the league in rushing yards in 1989?

[/ QUOTE ]

Dickerson?

[ QUOTE ]
5. There have been five NFL playoff games since 1990 where the home team had a worse record than the road team. Name them.

[/ QUOTE ]

No idea.

[ QUOTE ]
6. Eight NFL teams have won 14 games in the regular season and not reached the Super Bowl. Name them.

[/ QUOTE ]

06-07 Chargers
04-05 Steelers
92 or 93 49ers [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
???

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

No idea unless Kirilenko got it a couple years ago, but I think Wallace did.

[ QUOTE ]
8. I was NBA Rookie of the Year. I have been to the playoffs 5 times, but I have only won 2 playoff games. I am in the top 30 in career 3pt FG%. Who am I?

[/ QUOTE ]

Steve Francis

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Horry
???

[ QUOTE ]
10. Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University has produced 10 NBA players. Name one of them.

[/ QUOTE ]

No idea.
Old 05-14-2007, 08:03 AM

3. I was on basketball-reference.com just yesterday and saw this. It was Alonzo Mourning in 1999. Not sure why he got it that year over Shaq who was actually healthy, although he seemed to have a slight post-lockout drop in numbers (talking about Shaq).

4. Christian Okoye

5. '05 Jax at NE
'03 Tenn at Bal
'02 Ind at NYJ
I guess you're counting '99 where Tennessee and Indy both went 13-3, but Tenn was a wild card so when they met in the second round Tenn was 14-3. Also just came to me, this year same deal with Philly at N.O. right?

6. The 2006 Whale's Vagina Chargers
2005 Colts
2004 Steelers
1999 Jags
1998 Vikings
1992 49ers
1990 49ers
1986 Bears

7. I'll guess Mark Eaton?
Old 05-14-2007, 09:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Joe Montana

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

guessing Nash, Barbosa, Jason Kapono, Kyle Korver

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

wow no clue

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The Nigerian Nightmare Christian Okoye

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

no clue

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I would guess stockton, but it's probably not this obvious

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Mike Miller

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

clueless other than Horry

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This is very tricky if you can't figure out what this university is actually more commonly referred to as. As for the answer, Dell Curry.
Old 05-14-2007, 09:41 AM

As another question to add in

11. Who was the last NBA team to win a championship without a former top 3 overall draft pick in their starting 5?
Old 05-14-2007, 10:08 AM

My guess would be Detroit 1989-1990, but who knows. I know MJ was the #3 pick, Duncan was #1, Shaq #1.
Old 05-14-2007, 10:10 AM

But I guess it's Philly 1982-1983. But I really know noone on the team. Looks like Thomas was the #2 overall pick, whoops.
Old 05-14-2007, 10:17 AM

Gerald "the D" Wallace
Robert "clutch" Horry
Antonio "no knees" McDyess
Maurice Williams
Old 05-14-2007, 12:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Joe Montana

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Ray Allen, Peja, Nash

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

ZO Mourning

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Marcus Allen

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

not even gonna try
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Vikings, Colts...
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Bill Lambeer
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Michael Redd
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Reppin my school assani I like it. Mo Williams, Gerald Wallace, Antonio McDyess, Robert Horry. On a side note, I hope this forum has some hardcore SEC fanboys.
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]