Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-14-2007, 12:49 AM

Default I play like a putz sometimes..multiway bluff..oops

-10/20 nl @ the Commerce. Playing pretty deep with 11g’s.
Smallish raise from UTG to $50, family call to me as I look down and see A5 of spades from the CO. I toss in two quarters, Button calls, SB raises another smallish amount making it $200 total to go. It gets called down to me and I say what the hell. The button follows suit. 8 way to the flop..anyhow, it was a weird night..
Before the flop is dealt the SB calls out to the dealer to roll out some paint and I gesture to the SB and ask him “which one’s in particular” trying to get an idea of what he may have been re-raising with and perhaps planting a seed of what I want the table to think I’m holding…

$1600 in the pot
the flop Qd Jd 6c

I’m scanning around trying to catch some reads and notice that almost everyone seems disinterested, including the SB and in fold mode. The SB, clearly disappointed checks, followed by a series of checks. At this point I’m thinking how to bluff an 8 way pot..I deliberate for a few seconds and bet out $1200 hoping to represent a set of Jacks or top 2. Everyone folds but the player to my immediate right who thinks for about half a minute before calling. He has around $3000 left after the call.

$4000 in the pot
The turn Qd Jd 6c 2d

He quickly looks at his cards, grabs a stack of whites in his hand and checks it to me. At this point I have a strong feeling that he would fold if I put him all in. So I bet $3000. He shakes his head sits back in his chair and drinks the rest of his beer. As he leans in looking to fold his cards his girlfriend shows up bitching about how late it is and that she wants to go home. He sighs, stands up with the cards in his hand and says “ok baby, maybe we can catch a diamond.” “your set is good” he mentions, calls and turns over the Ad10c..

The river is a blank and with a surprised expression he takes down the pot. “I was going to fold, thanks baby” yeah, thanks bitch : ?

Comments and ridicule are graciously appreciated.

-nj