Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-12-2007, 03:55 AM

Default Multi-street bluff line check

1/2 100max live

I haven't shown down anything but good hands and haven't even been looked up when I c-bet. I was probably pretty close to covering the entire table when this hand happened. Everybody had been getting out my way for the past hour or so when I showed any aggression because "omg he's been winning tonight, he must have the nuts."

8-handed, Hero is CO, Villain is SB
I have about $450, Villain has about $125.

Hero is dealt T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

Preflop: UTG calls $2, 2 folds, MP calls $2, Hero calls $2, Button folds, SB raises to $6, BB folds, UTG calls $4, MP calls $4, Hero calls $4.

Flop ($21 after rake): Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
SB bets $6, UTG folds, MP folds, Hero calls $6.

Turn ($32 after BBJ drop): 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
SB bets $6, Hero raises to $23, SB calls $17.

River ($75 after more rake): 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
SB checks, Hero bets $38

When he led out for less than 1/3 of the pot on the flop, I planned on calling and taking it away from him on the turn as long as everybody else got out of the way. His super weak turn bet made it very obvious that he didn't have a queen, so I figured he would go away if I raised. When he called my raise, I put him on a club draw (AcKc?) or some sort of second pair hand like pocket nines. After his river check, I figured any decent-sized bet would get a fold because this is how everybody plays trip queens at 1/2 live.

Ignoring the fact that there's really no reason to bluff at 100max live (I thought the time was right based on the past hour or two), how is my line?

DZ
Old 05-12-2007, 10:24 AM

Default Re: Multi-street bluff line check

[ QUOTE ]
Multi-street bluff
1/2 100max live

[/ QUOTE ]

does not compute.

I really don't like your line. Against certain players this might work out, but in general you are spewing money on 3 streets in this hand. Maybe SB will believe you have a queen, but will call you anyway because it's small stakes live.
If you decide to bluff the turn and river anyway, bet more on the turn and put him a/i on the river, to maximise fe against hands like TT/JJ.
Old 05-12-2007, 11:03 AM

Default Re: Multi-street bluff line check

You know that this is a common line for people to play trip Qs because...the guy with trip Qs gets paid off alot right?