Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-11-2007, 05:57 PM

Default 1/2NL - First Post

Okay first post so bare with me.

1/2NL FT in private club in NYC. I have been at the table for about 40 minutes and have voluntarily put money into the pot once, limping after several limpers and folding on the flop. On to the hand...

I have 190 in cutoff and the table covers. 2 EP limpers, no reads on them, big stack MP raises to 20 - he has been playing very loose preflop and making awful payoffs - another big stack who is basically playing any 2 raised or not (24s previous hand) but better post flop calls, as do I with A10o, the button, and both limpers. Flop is 822 rainbow. It is checked to me and I bet 60. Folded around to the pf raiser who thinks for about a minute and calls. Turn is Q completing rainbow. MP puts me all in and I fold.

I am curious to hear how bad people think the pf call is as well as thoughts on the flop bet and also the fold, I guess.

Also any tips on where my post may be lacking.
Old 05-11-2007, 06:41 PM

Default Re: 1/2NL - First Post

This hand doesn't play well postflop in a multiway pot, even in the CO. Judging by the described PF action in this hand, I'm guessing most hands end up at least 3 or 4 to the flop, so I suggest you just dump in preflop. If you expect to go HU to the flop, then you can play it as you did (calling PF, bluffing missed flops occasionally).

The flop bet can work if the players are image concious, but I don't usually expect that trait in 1/2 live players. You're very rarely folding an 8 out of anyone's hand. So I would definitely advise checking behind on the flop. As played, definitely fold the turn. Don't get frustrated and make a mistake just because you've been carddead thus far.
Old 05-11-2007, 07:00 PM

Default Re: 1/2NL - First Post

Also, myself and other live players usually scan SSNL and MSNL post titles and look for the word "Live". So you should probably include that in future live hand posts.