View Poll Results: Do you...
Open one more table 3 5.45%
Open more than one additional tables 10 18.18%
Quit 22 40.00%
I was ten tabling by the second buyin 20 36.36%
Voters: 55. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-11-2007, 02:13 AM

Default rate your tilt NLTRN

I believe the following has great bearing on winrate and I'm interested to see how I compare to fellow posters.

You play 3 HUSNG's in a row (or cash, different blinds of course) which are hard fought and all get to the 100 BB level which ends in a shoving match. The first one you lose with TT vs AQ, second one you lose with AK vs 22 and the third one you lose with AJ vs A6.
Old 05-11-2007, 02:30 AM

Default Re: rate your tilt NLTRN

Those hands there... I probably mutter something about never winning races ever and keep playing, though not quite as well as I would if I were winning.

Now, change those hands to, say, getting all-in against a stone retard with K2 against K4 on a KQ2 board, and the turn/river going 3Q for the absurd counterfeit, Losing when you shove QQ and get called by something like J7s, and shoving 98hh on a T97 two heart board and not improving against T2o... then you get the mouse slamming bluff-fest.

Also it depends a lot on how bad the people I'm losing to are -- if I'm losing "hard fought" matches, I'll be a lot less tilted than if I lose with 90% equity to a complete moron.
Old 05-11-2007, 02:34 AM

If it gets really bad over 5-10 games, I'll just stop playing until I feel I am back in my right mindset.

Tilt doesn't set in often, but I do feel I play more emotionally when I am tired, therefore I generally do not set myself up to play when I am very tired, and if I do I realize my limits fairly quickly.

Tonight is an example, I was tired. I won 2 33s, played a 55 and got in two pair to top pair on the turn and they rivered trips. Not a big deal, but during the match I hadn't been able to play at the top of my game anyways. I played one more 33, definitely did not play as sharp as I should have, won the match and stopped for the night.

This is an example of not tilting but playing within your personal limits.
Old 05-11-2007, 03:34 AM

I get up and take a break although if Im playing my A game and villain is bad I may try and play through my annoyance. Thats really the greatest part about the great hourly you can get from 1 tabling HU SNGs you can always take a quick 1-5 minute break.
Old 05-11-2007, 05:44 AM

After 3 games I have enough spirit left to play an unaffected game.

It will change after 7 games or something, then I will tilt sometimes or I will walk my dog [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
Old 05-11-2007, 03:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I get up and take a break although if Im playing my A game and villain is bad I may try and play through my annoyance. Thats really the greatest part about the great hourly you can get from 1 tabling HU SNGs you can always take a quick 1-5 minute break.

[/ QUOTE ]

Word.

Look, everyone is affected by tilt. Poker players who say they don't tilt are just indulging in wishful thinking. If you take three or four sick beats in a row from clowns with negative 20% ROI heads up, you're going to tilt. Get up and take a break. I have a park near my house, I walk around for 30 minutes or so in the sunshine and come back, or I go to the gym and work out. If I'm playing an MTT or two at the same time, I sit out, take a shorter break, and quit playing HUs for the day.

Take it from someone who has been playing this game over 10 years now -- tilt happens, and trying to play through it is going to cost you a lot of money.
Old 05-11-2007, 05:25 PM

3 losses doesn't affect that much to my play but if it continues a couple of hours (8+ matches) I probably start playing worse. I've found out that doing some push ups etc after a lost sng keeps you more concetrated on next match. While working out you can think about those losses. After that, try to forget them if there is nothing you can learn.
Old 05-11-2007, 07:14 PM

This thread sucks, since it's inception I've had my first losing streak in over 100 games.
Old 05-11-2007, 08:19 PM

Edit: Thread is ok again, back up for the day.