Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-10-2007, 02:03 PM

Default NL25 - AA another quandry

No reads on BB but he hasn't played many hands and shorty stack is just shorty stackific.

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.25 BB (5 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

UTG ($10.35)
MP ($7.90)
Button ($11.95)
Hero ($49.45)
BB ($23.30)

Preflop: Hero is SB with A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
UTG calls $0.25, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $1.25</font>, BB calls $1, UTG calls $1.

Flop: ($3.75) 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $2.5</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises to $5</font>, UTG calls $5, Hero is not sure if he's really happy about where this is going... What say you all?

I have a sneaky suspicion that the Beluga Theorem will be espoused by at least one of you. Also, is it a good sign that your game is coming around when you play ~1500 hands in a session get felted 5 times while ahead, never really win any big pots except for 1, and still come out ahead at 2.85 ptbb/100?

Thanks in advance.
Old 05-10-2007, 02:16 PM

Default Re: NL25 - AA another quandry

After looking at stack sizes, I'd either shove the flop or open shove any turn. That donk raise could be 99 or any PP thinking you are c-betting AK. UTG is short so he will call with any piece of the board. Getting it all in the middle with AA here is fine.
Old 05-10-2007, 02:58 PM

Default Re: NL25 - AA another quandry

I push this all the time. There ar etoo many hands that BB could have that you are beating, namely overpairs, and we're not at all worried about the shortstack. The pot is big enough at this point so I want to get it all in now.

Also Beluga theorem concerns turn play and isn't applicable here.