Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Gambling > Sports Betting
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-10-2007, 02:22 AM

Default Arena Football Question

If the lines on an AFL game are 9.5 and 10.5 on different sites, will the score land on 10 more than 1 in 21 times? I would assume so but I don't know much about arena football.
Old 05-10-2007, 08:04 AM

Default Re: Arena Football Question

The rules of Arena football are set up for there to be close games. With the one minute rules teams can score two and I have even seen three times in the last minute of the game. So a 9.5 or 10.5 spread is often a good bet. Field goals are also more difficult and are less common as may teams go for it on fourth down. So there is not the advantage to a 10.5 over a 9.5. Also there are more missed extra points than in a normal football game. So getting a ten point margin is not as common as with outdoor football.

The only thing to beware of is teams with good defenses. They can cause turnovers and turn games into laughers and because of the small roster sizes the top defenders play the whole game. Most of the blowouts in Arena don't come from teams with great offenses it comes from teams with good defenses.

I have never bet on Arena games, but I have broadcast several games and know the rules and intricatcies well.

Edited to answer your question better.